Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another gold nugget find by Paul & Andrew

+6
GemQ
ttrash
chris68
slimpickens
ruffles
deutran
10 posters

Go down

Another gold nugget find by Paul & Andrew Empty Another gold nugget find by Paul & Andrew

Post  Guest Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:50 am

Hi everyone.

Well Mike & I called into coiltek yesterday 11/02 as Kanga1934 sent me a pm to let me know he left me his ultra sonic cleaner for me to pick up.
Thankyou. Len... I owe you a few beers Q11 Q11 Q11 Q11

Any way while there we all got talking.. As you do,  Andrew was asking us how we are going with the new GPZ7000 detector

We told him we are happy with it, as we have found gold. Plus it's still early days, plenty of learning to be done yet.

Then he showed us what Paul & he had found! 
Wow! When you look at this gold, it may help some people realise how this machine likes a certain type of gold.

So with Andrew &  Paul's permission here is the gold Paul had found.

I think it's an ugly nugget.. I know it's still gold Embarassed
  Can't wait to see it all cleaned up, after it's acid bath..

Another gold nugget find by Paul & Andrew E6083720-39F2-4F4B-9C3E-A7335E5C29F4_zpsixucr43g

Another gold nugget find by Paul & Andrew D49EDEEC-06F5-4329-AFFF-4771CE0367D9_zpsmfw4ubmb

Now I asked a bit about it. ( yes I am a sticky beak Laughing )
Here's what they told us.

Paul had pinged it between too old detector holes.
It was found in a well worked, flogged out ground, where there were old detector holes all around.
( As it was an old patch )

The depth was 500 mm.. Andrew showed me a picture on his phone of the hole and tape measure to the bar that was laid across the hole.
So just goes to show that there is gold out there that the other machines have missed
More and more reports are coming in. 
So for all the GPZ7000 owners, don't give up.. It's still early days  cheers

( No video.. That's sad you know guys Crying or Very sad )
https://www.facebook.com/coiltekgoldcentre

Last edited by Jen58 on Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Can't spell :()

Back to top Go down

Another gold nugget find by Paul & Andrew Empty Re: Another gold nugget find by Paul & Andrew

Post  deutran Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:58 am

Thanks so much for posting this,it really demonstrates its potential on deep specimens I think its a great find.
Steve
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Another gold nugget find by Paul & Andrew Empty Re: Another gold nugget find by Paul & Andrew

Post  ruffles Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:34 pm

What a great find well done to those guys

Jen58 wrote:So for all the GPZ7000 owners, don't give up.. It's still early days  cheers

For what it is worth i suspect that i will buy a 7K sometime down the track

Last edited by ruffles on Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammer)

ruffles
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 454
Registration date : 2012-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:05 pm

ruffles wrote:What a great find well done to those guys

Jen58 wrote:So for all the GPZ7000 owners, don't give up.. It's still early days  cheers

For what it is worth i suspect that i will buy a 7K sometime down the track
If you and when you get back down our way you are more then welcome to try ours.

I am not trying to talk anyone into buying a GPZ7000, that's an individuals choice..

Just trying to tell those that have taken the plunge like we have, to have patience,  it does work.

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:21 pm

[quote="Jen58"]Hi everyone.

cheers

Hey Jen, your joking right? That is a thing of beauty! One of natures objet d'art! IMHO  Very Happy
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:29 pm

slimpickens wrote:
Jen58 wrote: Hi everyone.

cheers

Hey Jen, your joking right? That is a thing of beauty! One of natures objet d'art! IMHO  Very Happy
lol!  'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' 
            I agree it's one of natures wonder! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  chris68 Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:04 pm

Should look nice once its cleaned up, well done, you have to appreciate what you can get these days, because it is getting harder to find.

chris68
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Back to top Go down

Another gold nugget find by Paul & Andrew Empty 7000 Gold

Post  ttrash Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:32 pm

Thanks Jen for putting this up

Paul is a good operator

When i bought my 5000 from Coiltek , Was fortunate that Paul did the training day & was very helpful

Very happy for him SmileSmileSmile
ttrash
ttrash
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2011-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post  GemQ Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:38 pm

Lovely specci guys, almost getting more profit out of the shop.

Long Live The "Darkside" V18
GemQ
GemQ
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2012-12-24

https://www.youtube.com/user/GemQ1?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  pablop Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:59 pm

Jen, if they are going to give it an acid bath, I also would love to see what it ends up looking like. e.g. is it one large wiry mass or a series of smaller sections, etc.

So if you see them please ask for a couple of photos in cleaned up mode.

Thanks,

pablop
pablop
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2015-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:05 pm

pablop wrote:Jen, if they are going to give it an acid bath, I also would love to see what it ends up looking like.  e.g. is it one large wiry mass or a series of smaller sections, etc.  

So if you see them please ask for a couple of photos in cleaned up mode.

Thanks,

I will try, I would also like to see it..
Hey Guys If you read this... An after acid bath photo please.Q10
I will come to you and take the picture again.

I have a feeling it's going to fall apart, be bits of it pieces everywhere Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  pablop Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:32 pm

Thanks Jen, I think that you are correct, but would still be good to see how it ends up.
pablop
pablop
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2015-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:44 pm

If you have an Ohm Meter/multimeter then you can do some continuity readings around the speci and that will give a good clue as to how much of the gold is connected throughout stone.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:54 pm

Hi Adrian
Mike has done that in the past.
But we ran into Andrew near the supermarket last night, and they had already put it in the acid.
So it would be nice to see the outcome.
Hopefully we will all get to see it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:49 am

Looks like it will be a bit fragile without the qtz

Back to top Go down

Post  Detectist Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:14 am

Thanks for posting this up Jen58 and also being the stickybeak to ask questions.

With your and postings on other forums I'm now pretty well convinced that this detector is a large jump in performance.  I'll have to win lotto tho' to get one (or find a big nug with my 5000 Very Happy  )

Last edited by Detectist on Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Can't spell.)
Detectist
Detectist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:23 am

Here's the after pictures ... Much prettier now Very Happy
Congratulations guys.
These Pictures were sent to me by PJ ( Paul ) for all of us to see the final result after it's acid bath
 Thankyou Paul 
Another gold nugget find by Paul & Andrew C1bbcc7d4f7b995c724790b0a3428cba_zpsab4b0659

Another gold nugget find by Paul & Andrew 7ce4c80e345ad6f2cea6aff0265416fe_zpsfa845d67

Last edited by Jen58 on Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To add where I got the pictures from)

Back to top Go down

Post  goldquest Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:34 am

Jen can I ask you what acid are you using to clean the nuggets, and where can you buy it.
Cheers
goldquest
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:54 am

goldquest wrote:Jen can I ask you what acid are you using to clean the nuggets, and where can you buy it.
Cheers
It's not my gold.  Crying or Very sad 

I think they may have used Hydrofluoric acid, you need a license to buy it & use it! 

It's not an acid I would go any where near.

Back to top Go down

Another gold nugget find by Paul & Andrew Empty Acid used.

Post  Pj. Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:07 am

goldquest wrote:Jen can I ask you what acid are you using to clean the nuggets, and where can you buy it.
Cheers
Hydrochloric acid, Hydrofluoric acid and Alibrite was used to clean the specimen. (Separately)
Overnight in Hydrochloric acid first. Hydroflouric acid for a day and then overnight in Alibrite acid. Hydrochloric and Alibrite can be purchased through a hardware store. Hydroflouric acid is not easily obtainable as it is very dangerous. I wouldn't advise you to use Hydroflouric acid because of the risk involved. One drop on your skin can result in a very serious injury and possible death. Very nasty stuff.
Pj.
Pj.
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2010-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Pj. Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:12 am

Pj. wrote:
Cheers
Hydrochloric acid, Hydrofluoric acid and Alibrite was used to clean the specimen. (Separately)
Overnight in Hydrochloric acid first. Hydroflouric acid for a day and then overnight in Alibrite acid. Hydrochloric and Alibrite can be purchased through a hardware store. Hydroflouric acid is not easily obtainable as it is very dangerous. I wouldn't advise you to use Hydroflouric acid because of the risk involved. One drop on your skin can result in a very serious injury and possible death. Very nasty stuff.
Hydrofluoric acid is a solution of hydrogen fluoride (HF) in water. It is a precursor to almost all fluorine compounds, including pharmaceuticals such as fluoxetine (Prozac), diverse materials such as PTFE (Teflon), and elemental fluorine itself. It is a colourless solution that is highly corrosive, capable of dissolving many materials, especially oxides. Its ability to dissolve glass has been known since the 17th century, even before Carl Wilhelm Scheele prepared it in large quantities in 1771.[2] Because of its high reactivity toward glass and moderate reactivity toward many metals, hydrofluoric acid is usually stored in plastic containers (although PTFE is slightly permeable to it).[3]

Hydrogen fluoride gas is an acute poison that may immediately and permanently damage lungs and the corneas of the eyes. Aqueous hydrofluoric acid is a contact-poison with the potential for deep, initially painless burns and ensuing tissue death. By interfering with body calcium metabolism, the concentrated acid may also cause systemic toxicity and eventual cardiac arrest and fatality, after contact with as little as 160 cm2 (25 square inches) of skin.
Pj.
Pj.
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2010-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:25 pm

Thanks PJ, for sharing your Gold pics and also the info on the Safety when using HFL Acid. T06 Congrats to you both for a very nice find with the GPZ7000.

Cheers.

Mike.

Back to top Go down