So here it is then the GPZ 7000

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

So here it is then the GPZ 7000 Empty So here it is then the GPZ 7000

Post  Martin R on Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:54 am


Martin R
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 194
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

So here it is then the GPZ 7000 Empty Re: So here it is then the GPZ 7000

Post  slimpickens on Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:21 am

Martin, I am going to take Jonathan's, Steve's and Chris's opinions as the gospel truth.  So here it is then the GPZ 7000 Huge-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3679
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

So here it is then the GPZ 7000 Empty Re: So here it is then the GPZ 7000

Post  alchemist on Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:42 am


Lack luster reports to say the least.
I suspect some who put down deposits will be wishing these reports were available before hand.
Only in special circumstances will the 7K excel over the 5K
Basically a 2300/5000 hybrid.
Some will do well with it, no doubts there, but others will be bitterly disappointed.

I hate this info dribble technique Minelab have adopted.

Cheers
alchemist
alchemist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 501
Age : 61
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Back to top Go down

So here it is then the GPZ 7000 Empty Re: So here it is then the GPZ 7000

Post  slimpickens on Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:55 am

I wonder on that third graph on the right where the 18" mono would get up to, compared to the GPZed?
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3679
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

So here it is then the GPZ 7000 Empty Re: So here it is then the GPZ 7000

Post  Mre on Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:03 am

270 views wow
Glad to see these reports.
Love the amusement value of all the whinges
Looking forward to heading up to some nice specimen spots with the machine on Monday

We should all take note of the negative posters and see how long it is before they suddenly get one.
Minelab have never disappointed before, i see no reason to doubt the advantages of this new machine.
Next week will be the proof, mind you i would be happy if all the new users of the GPZ7000 post nothing. Nothing ever good came from showing what you find Wink

I salute you Bruce Candy

Mre
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2014-08-04

Back to top Go down

So here it is then the GPZ 7000 Empty Re: So here it is then the GPZ 7000

Post  upthecreek on Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:12 am

Sounds a bit ordinary for $10700. Evil or Very Mad Wheres the report of say a 10ounce nugget at 26 inches for example? Sad

My2200 with an 20 inch mono can punch deep. Exclamation

upthecreek
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2015-02-15

Back to top Go down

So here it is then the GPZ 7000 Empty Re: So here it is then the GPZ 7000

Post  alchemist on Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:13 am

Mre wrote:
Love the amusement value of all the whinges

Let's see if you're back to join them next Tuesday?  

Mre wrote:
Nothing ever good came from showing what you find Wink

But then again I guess we'll never know.
alchemist
alchemist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 501
Age : 61
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Back to top Go down

So here it is then the GPZ 7000 Empty Re: So here it is then the GPZ 7000

Post  slimpickens on Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:13 am

Mre wrote:270 views wow
Glad to see these reports.
Love the amusement value of all the whinges
Looking forward to heading up to some nice specimen spots with the machine on Monday

We should all take note of the negative posters and see how long it is before they suddenly get one.
Minelab have never disappointed before, i see no reason to doubt the advantages of this new machine.
Next week will be the proof, mind you i would be happy if all the new users of the GPZ7000 post nothing. Nothing ever good came from showing what you find Wink

I salute you Bruce Candy

I love the amusement value of somebody with 2 posts making smart arsed remarks. Q35
If you look at the Gpz, you will see a lot of features that have been incorporated because of forum members complaints about the GPx's - Smartarse.
Whether we buy one or not, it won't be because of your pitiful recommendation, we'll wait for all the reports to come in.... smart arse.


Last edited by slimpickens on Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3679
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

So here it is then the GPZ 7000 Empty Re: So here it is then the GPZ 7000

Post  alchemist on Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:16 am

upthecreek wrote:Sounds a bit ordinary for $10700. Evil or Very Mad  Wheres the report of say a 10ounce nugget at 26 inches for example? Sad

My2200 with an 20 inch mono can punch deep. Exclamation

Yeah, both testers seemed to be setting people up to the fact that they'll not find much on most of their old patches, only under special circumstances.

Where's JP? hopefully he'll be more positive, he seemed to have a fist full in the brochure.

Cheers
alchemist
alchemist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 501
Age : 61
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Back to top Go down

So here it is then the GPZ 7000 Empty Re: So here it is then the GPZ 7000

Post  Reno Chris on Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:36 am

Yes, we can talk now.
I will tell you that I do expect that in time there will be a lot of good reports from Australia with the GPZ 7000. Of course it will take some time to get out into people's hands and be used, but in a number of ways it is a detector very well suited for detecting in the conditions found prospecting in Australia. But even here in the US, it's a great product and I'm looking forward to using mine for this upcoming season (in my location, the season is just beginning in the coming months). I was very impressed with it during the time I got to test it.

It's an excellent detector, but is not a miracle machine and not everyone who buys one will instantly go out and find many pounds of nuggets. Sorry! Metal detecting for gold just doesn't work that way, either in Australia, here in the US, Africa or anywhere else for that matter.

Those who have done well with previous Minelab products will likely do very well with the new GPZ, and as I have said I really do expect a number of impressive finds to be made in Australia with this detector. I do not expect as many 10, 15 and larger sized nuggets to be found here in the states because while we do have some large gold, I just don't think that there are as many really big pieces here as you have over there.
Reno Chris
Reno Chris
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2010-04-07

Back to top Go down

So here it is then the GPZ 7000 Empty Re: So here it is then the GPZ 7000

Post  slimpickens on Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:41 am

Reno Chris wrote:Yes, we can talk now.
I will tell you that I do expect that in time there will be a lot of good reports from Australia with the GPZ 7000. Of course it will take some time to get out into people's hands and be used, but in a number of ways it is a detector very well suited for detecting in the conditions found prospecting in Australia. But even here in the US, it's a great product and I'm looking forward to using mine for this upcoming season (in my location, the season is just beginning in the coming months). I was very impressed with it during the time I got to test it.

It's an excellent detector, but is not a miracle machine and not everyone who buys one will instantly go out and find many pounds of nuggets. Sorry! Metal detecting for gold just doesn't work that way, either in Australia, here in the US, Africa or anywhere else for that matter.

Those who have done well with previous Minelab products will likely do very well with the new GPZ, and as I have said I really do expect a number of impressive finds to be made in Australia with this detector. I do not expect as many 10, 15 and larger sized nuggets to be found here in the states because while we do have some large gold, I just don't think that there are as many really big pieces here as you have over there.

I'm presuming that it should go a lot deeper in your milder soils as well Chris.
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3679
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

So here it is then the GPZ 7000 Empty Re: So here it is then the GPZ 7000

Post  Reno Chris on Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:12 pm

Actually its out performance is greater in heavily mineralized soils as I saw when I was in WA. No doubt it will do well here but my experience is that it outperforms other detectors most strikingly in the heavily mineralized soils. In addition to the fact that we don't have the same number of really big nuggets, this is a big part of why I am saying that I expect to see really good reports out of Australia once a good number of users get out and are using it.
Reno Chris
Reno Chris
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2010-04-07

Back to top Go down

So here it is then the GPZ 7000 Empty Re: So here it is then the GPZ 7000

Post  deeperg on Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:19 pm

Reno , in REALLY hot ground, on Really big gold, really deeeep, does this 7000 go lots deeper.

deeperg

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2015-02-18

Back to top Go down

So here it is then the GPZ 7000 Empty Re: So here it is then the GPZ 7000

Post  Reno Chris on Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:42 pm

Reno , in REALLY hot ground, on Really big gold, really deeeep, does this 7000 go lots deeper.

yes, that's what I thought I said. Out performance like the advertisements. The most extreme out performance over the 5000 is on mossy, wiry, porous or prickly types of gold - like the pieces I mentioned in my write up on treasure talk.

I will also say that while the GPZ will outperform the 5000 on really big old at depth, its my honest my experience is that with solid, medium-size gold say two to 10 pennyweight, in milder soils such as is more common here in the states, the GPC will outperform but not in a huge way. The more mineralized the soils are, the more pronounced the out performance.
Reno Chris
Reno Chris
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2010-04-07

Back to top Go down

So here it is then the GPZ 7000 Empty Re: So here it is then the GPZ 7000

Post  Guest on Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:51 pm

G'day Reno Chris,

Thanks for your great responses here for the members Questions and sounds like the few that are going to acquire the new GPZ are going to be well rewarded by the sounds of things. Thanks again for your great replies.

Regards.

Mike.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

So here it is then the GPZ 7000 Empty Re: So here it is then the GPZ 7000

Post  goldquest on Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:33 pm

slimpickens wrote:Martin, I am going to take Jonathan's, Steve's and Chris's opinions as the gospel truth.  So here it is then the GPZ 7000 Huge-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon

Why all three work for Minelab, I think we should wait for prospectors comments before take it as gospel truth.
goldquest
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 622
Age : 73
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

So here it is then the GPZ 7000 Empty Re: So here it is then the GPZ 7000

Post  slimpickens on Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:49 pm

goldquest wrote:
slimpickens wrote:Martin, I am going to take Jonathan's, Steve's and Chris's opinions as the gospel truth.  So here it is then the GPZ 7000 Huge-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon

Why all three work for Minelab, I think we should wait for prospectors comments before take it as gospel truth.

They are prospectors foremost GoldQuest.
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3679
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

So here it is then the GPZ 7000 Empty Re: So here it is then the GPZ 7000

Post  Reno Chris on Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:54 pm

Actually, no I don't work for Minelab, I work for a prospecting magazine here in the states where I am the Associate Editor.
See: http://www.icmj.com/

However I agree with you to wait and hear from a number of folks - in a few months you will be able to hear and review a large number of opinions and you will be able to consider what a wide variety of folks have to say. It wont be too long and there will be a wealth of information.
Reno Chris
Reno Chris
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2010-04-07

Back to top Go down

So here it is then the GPZ 7000 Empty Re: So here it is then the GPZ 7000

Post  delete52 on Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:17 pm

Gday Chris I know setting will have a lot to do with it but how stable is the threshold compared to the 5000? Thanks mate

delete52
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

So here it is then the GPZ 7000 Empty Re: So here it is then the GPZ 7000

Post  Guest on Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:22 pm

goldquest wrote:
slimpickens wrote:Martin, I am going to take Jonathan's, Steve's and Chris's opinions as the gospel truth.  So here it is then the GPZ 7000 Huge-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon

Why all three work for Minelab, I think we should wait for prospectors comments before take it as gospel truth.

It's no wonder JP hasn't been posting on this forum, with uneducated statements like this who can blame him. You blokes really like to wreck it for those who want to hear there comments. Don't know how many times it's been told that none of these 3 are Minelab employees. Rolling Eyes

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

So here it is then the GPZ 7000 Empty Re: So here it is then the GPZ 7000

Post  alchemist on Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:52 pm

Goldgeo wrote:
goldquest wrote:
slimpickens wrote:Martin, I am going to take Jonathan's, Steve's and Chris's opinions as the gospel truth.  So here it is then the GPZ 7000 Huge-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon

Why all three work for Minelab, I think we should wait for prospectors comments before take it as gospel truth.

It's no wonder JP hasn't been posting on this forum, with uneducated statements like this who can blame him.  You blokes really like to wreck it for those who want to hear there comments.  Don't know how many times it's been told that none of these 3 are Minelab employees.  Rolling Eyes

Like water off a ducks' back for Chris V08
Good on you Chris for being such a Gentleman!
alchemist
alchemist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 501
Age : 61
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Back to top Go down

So here it is then the GPZ 7000 Empty Re: So here it is then the GPZ 7000

Post  Reno Chris on Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:57 pm


I know setting will have a lot to do with it but how stable is the threshold compared to the 5000?

In general, I would say more warbly. You will need to fiddle with it to get the smoothest threshold. Although some people will complain that the threshold is warbly, I would rather have full control of my machine then have the manufacturer dumb it down in advance to make the threshold quiet. That way when conditions allow you can increase the settings or turn them down yourself if you need to depending on conditions rather than having the manufacturer turn it down for you in advance so that even when things are such that you could up the settings they have been turned down and set that way. If you want to run at a maximum setting situation and have your threshold be a little bit warbly, this will be easy enough to do.
Reno Chris
Reno Chris
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2010-04-07

Back to top Go down

So here it is then the GPZ 7000 Empty Re: So here it is then the GPZ 7000

Post  Inhere on Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:40 pm

"Love the amusement value of all the whinges"

Ha, I'm with Mre!
Deep down we all know this detector is going to be great. We just don't like paying $10,700. Shocked Very Happy

I think this statement is spot on too.

"We should all take note of the negative posters and see how long it is before they suddenly get one."

I would add…or like to get one. I think a couple of months down the track everyone will want
one. If I could justify the $10,700 ATM, I sure would.

"Minelab have never disappointed before"

That was sure true with the 5000, seemed like everyone whinged it wasn't any better than the 4500 and cost to much money….. then went out and bought one. Laughing

Yeah, Mre may only have 2 posts, but I don;t disagree with anything he has written. Wink
Inhere
Inhere
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 941
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Back to top Go down

So here it is then the GPZ 7000 Empty Re: So here it is then the GPZ 7000

Post  slimpickens on Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:37 pm

Inhere wrote:"Love the amusement value of all the whinges"

Ha, I'm with Mre!
Deep down we all know this detector is going to be great. We just don't like paying $10,700. Shocked  Very Happy

I think this statement is spot on too.

"We should all take note of the negative posters and see how long it is before they suddenly get one."

I would add…or like to get one.  I think a couple of months down the track everyone will want
one.  If I could justify the $10,700 ATM, I sure would.

"Minelab have never disappointed before"

That was sure true with the 5000, seemed like everyone whinged it wasn't any better than the 4500 and cost to much money….. then went out and bought one. Laughing

Yeah, Mre may only have 2 posts, but I don;t disagree with anything he has written.  Wink

You iz guilty of a couple of whingers there Inhere.

1) We just don't like paying $10,700  Here, here, Inhere. I agree, but, it's still a whinge. Laughing
2) That was sure true with the 5000, seemed like everyone whinged it wasn't any better than the 4500 and cost to much money….. then went out and bought one. Your 2nd whinge is that your whinging that people are whinging.

Stop whinging Inhere! Twisted Evil Wink
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3679
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

So here it is then the GPZ 7000 Empty Re: So here it is then the GPZ 7000

Post  goldnomad on Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:19 pm

goldquest wrote:
slimpickens wrote:Martin, I am going to take Jonathan's, Steve's and Chris's opinions as the gospel truth.  So here it is then the GPZ 7000 Huge-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon

Why all three work for Minelab, I think we should wait for prospectors comments before take it as gospel truth.

442 posts and you still know nothing!

Robert
goldnomad
goldnomad
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 551
Age : 71
Registration date : 2012-05-29

Back to top Go down

So here it is then the GPZ 7000 Empty Re: So here it is then the GPZ 7000

Post  kevlorraine2 on Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:32 pm

thanks RENO CHRIS for your valuable info. i was going to ask a question about the gain, but i just downloaded the 67page manual and i guess i best read that first. thanks again... kev

kevlorraine2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

So here it is then the GPZ 7000 Empty Re: So here it is then the GPZ 7000

Post  davsgold on Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:40 pm

G'day Reno Chris

Thanks for your report/evaluation of the new GPZ 7000 fun times ahead I reckon. T06

I will have questions about the machine, but first I need to use it, then I will know what questions to ask. Very Happy

cheers dave
davsgold
davsgold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 5994
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://www.x-coils.com/

Back to top Go down

So here it is then the GPZ 7000 Empty -so-here-it-is-then-the-gpz-7000

Post  Guest on Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:52 pm

Hi Reno Chris, thanks for the input mate, did you have the gpz long to try out mate? With the 5k what was your prefered coil of use generally, was it an after market one? In mild soils that you are working at depth what was the coil size and choice you found best with the 5k? Did you try the gpz at depth ? if so what was your best find and depth?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

So here it is then the GPZ 7000 Empty Re: So here it is then the GPZ 7000

Post  goldquest on Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:18 pm

alchemist wrote:
Goldgeo wrote:
goldquest wrote:
slimpickens wrote:Martin, I am going to take Jonathan's, Steve's and Chris's opinions as the gospel truth.  So here it is then the GPZ 7000 Huge-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon

Why all three work for Minelab, I think we should wait for prospectors comments before take it as gospel truth.

It's no wonder JP hasn't been posting on this forum, with uneducated statements like this who can blame him.  You blokes really like to wreck it for those who want to hear there comments.  Don't know how many times it's been told that none of these 3 are Minelab employees.  Rolling Eyes

Like water off a ducks' back for Chris  V08
Good on you Chris for being such a Gentleman!

Mine was not a criticism or a negative comment, I just said that before you believe the words of those who directly or indirecly work for Minelab is better to wait for the comments of the member of this forum and apparently Criss agree with me. And I did not said that they are Minelab employees.
goldquest
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 622
Age : 73
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

So here it is then the GPZ 7000 Empty Re: So here it is then the GPZ 7000

Post  slimpickens on Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:23 pm

goldquest wrote:

Mine was not a criticism or a negative comment, I just said that before you believe the words of those who directly or indirecly work for Minelab is better to wait for the comments of the member of this forum and apparently Criss agree with me. And I did not said that they are Minelab employees.

Point taken GoldQuest. Cheers Harry
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3679
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum