Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sensitivity and depth on small and large gold using 17"x11" NF coil

2 posters

Go down

Sensitivity and depth on small and large gold using 17"x11" NF coil Empty Sensitivity and depth on small and large gold using 17"x11" NF coil

Post  hapalogh Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:58 pm

Hi All, was wondering about the sensitivity and depth between sub gram gold and larger gold,with this coil.

hapalogh
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2013-04-19

Back to top Go down

Sensitivity and depth on small and large gold using 17"x11" NF coil Empty Re: Sensitivity and depth on small and large gold using 17"x11" NF coil

Post  hapalogh Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:03 pm

Using this coil with the 5000 det

hapalogh
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Sensitivity and depth on small and large gold using 17"x11" NF coil Empty Re: Sensitivity and depth on small and large gold using 17"x11" NF coil

Post  kon61 Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:40 pm

Larger gold slugs,because of their mass size/density,say,5 gram and above,you'l have no problems attaining good depth as well as sensitivity on the multi gram size slugs of gold. Although the 17x11 is capable of picking up say a 0.1g at 1 or more inches in depth,depending on ground conditions,the target signal will not be as strong or concise at these depths,than what it would be,by using a much smaller coil,such that of an 8" round,12x7 8x6,6 inch round etc,
Smaller coils,because of their higher concentrated transmit/receive field,have a much louder & sharper response to sub gram gold,whilst at the same time,punching deeper over the same size target than what the 17x11 could over the same terrain.

Cheers Kon.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:53 pm

G'day hapalogh,

I used to have the older white NF 17"x11" and was using it on the 4500. It was a very sensitive coil on the sub gram nuggets and did punch down on the small & larger nuggets at depth. I now use the 14" round NFA mono coil on the 5000 and I have found some very small sub gram and larger nuggets at depths that have impressed me. Very Happy So I would say you should give it a good try (your 17"x11" NF coil) I always run my 5000 in special/fine gold and try to run it as quiet/stable as possible and listen for the little faint changes in your threshold.
Hope this helps you.

Cheers.

Mike.

Back to top Go down

Post  hapalogh Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:09 pm

Thank you very much for that Kon, the reason being , for thinking of purchasing this coil is I found another rock about 6"in diameter with a .06 grammer inside,using the 5000 with 11"mono coil.
I tried this area a week later using the same coil ,turned over a a few rocks and detected underneath them but found nothing.
It seems now you explained to me that it is a good coil to use after I use the smaller coil.
Kind regards Graeme.

hapalogh
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  hapalogh Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:18 pm

Hi Mike54, Also thankyou very much for your info on these coils.
Much appreciated
Kind regards Graeme

hapalogh
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down