Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

barracutta legent burn from wrong polarity

3 posters

Go down

barracutta legent burn from wrong polarity Empty barracutta legent burn from wrong polarity

Post  bogias Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:49 am

i have buy one barracutta legent kit to make but i have put the polarity wrong and i have burn something
can someone help me what i have been burn to change.
i have change the yellow i see smoke from that
barracutta legent burn from wrong polarity 111

https://i.servimg.com/u/f38/19/14/13/75/112.jpg

bogias
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2015-02-12

Back to top Go down

barracutta legent burn from wrong polarity Empty Re: barracutta legent burn from wrong polarity

Post  CostasDee Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:36 am

Hi bogias and welcome to the forum. I have no personal experience with this board, and I do not have a schematic diagram so I am only guessing, but I would start by looking at the diodes, especially the one that is between your 2 power leads, ie the one that is in the top right of your picture. Sometimes these look good but may be internally burnt, and one so close could be a protector to stop damage in the event of reversing polarity, as you have done. I am guessing that you have a multimeter to check for continuity? Good luck and keep us posted...

....PS, a bit late now, but it's a good idea not to use the same colour wire for neg and pos and then twist them together, it's just a recipe for disaster (but you know that now)
CostasDee
CostasDee
Management

Number of posts : 3971
Registration date : 2010-11-23

Back to top Go down

barracutta legent burn from wrong polarity Empty burn

Post  bogias Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:29 am

i have test the diodes and seems to be ok the give me 960 and reverse nothing i have find the schematic if will help you to tell me somthing
barracutta legent burn from wrong polarity Schema10

bogias
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

barracutta legent burn from wrong polarity Empty Re: barracutta legent burn from wrong polarity

Post  deutran Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:25 am

Hi Bogias
The component burning is one 5V regulator,check all 220uf capacitors should be open circuit.As Costas said double check all diodes.You need to get both +5V and -5V working.
Steve
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

barracutta legent burn from wrong polarity Empty diodes

Post  bogias Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:53 pm

i found the problem it seems i take a bib sound know i need to fix the battery holder

bogias
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  CostasDee Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:34 am

bogias wrote:i found the problem it seems i take a bib sound know i need to fix the battery holder

Great job fixing it but also what do you mean by the red above bogias.
CostasDee
CostasDee
Management

Number of posts : 3971
Registration date : 2010-11-23

Back to top Go down

barracutta legent burn from wrong polarity Empty beep beep sound

Post  bogias Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:32 am

beep sound
i manage to fix but is working only 5cm from the coil and near at the cable not at the center
is my coil or i need to make some adjustment??

bogias
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down