Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

grab some popcorn.

+53
slimpickens
TutC
chris68
hapalogh
determined1
lojay
slicknick
ttrash
Aurumick
Cadian
kevlorraine2
Faultzone
papoutsi
gullyhunter
spinna
gef50
Alan WA
yellowfin
Gold Miner
kiwijw
GoldHound
angus
YibiDavid
Hotrocks
cruiser1
Hermann
hassa
TWO BOB
AraratGold
flyspecks
Redfin
Ash100456
stoppsy
bergs
matelot
goldenhero
Rege-PA
Inhere
CostasDee
GOLD TRACKER
someday
Digginerup
bristlehound
avon g
G.B.
Jonathan Porter
martinjsto
Mechanic
goldchaser
Detrackozi
kon61
rc62burke
ruffles
57 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

grab some popcorn. - Page 2 Empty Re: grab some popcorn.

Post  GoldHound Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:22 pm

Hi guys I would like to thank Dave and Nikki for editing the vid.
I would also like to thank Tremain and Sandra (my wife) and Dave for their friendship and for the good times we had out this season and others passed.

This season was only short 2 months detecting as we all had other things that were tying us up in the peak of the season.
I recon we did ok in the short time we had this season, Tremain and I both got over a kilo each and Dave and Sandra also did very well, pretty good going for a short snatch and grab.

I,m really looking forward to next season as we are going to be able to do a full season 6 to 8 months as we are going to hit at least 3 different gold fields.
One of them we will have a pro film crew following us for about 2 months so that should make for some interesting viewing.

Thanks for all of the positive comments guys glad you enjoyed it.
GoldHound
GoldHound
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2014-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  avon g Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:48 pm

GoldHound wrote:Tremain and I both got over a kilo each

pale anyone wanna buy my 4500?  i've found just over 10gm in 3.5 years Q20

*EDIT* sorry 4500 no longer for sale Razz

avon g
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2012-03-07

Back to top Go down

grab some popcorn. - Page 2 Empty -grab-some-popcorn

Post  Guest Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:56 pm

GoldHound wrote:Hi guys I would like to thank Dave and Nikki for editing the vid.
I would also like to thank Tremain and Sandra (my wife) and Dave for their friendship and for the good times we had out this season and others passed.

This season was only short 2 months detecting as we all had other things that were tying us up in the peak of the season.
I recon we did ok in the short time we had this season, Tremain and I both got over a kilo each and Dave and Sandra also did very well, pretty good going for a short snatch and grab.

I,m really looking forward to next season as we are going to be able to do a full season 6 to 8 months as we are going to hit at least 3 different gold fields.
One of them we will have a pro film crew following us for about 2 months so that should make for some interesting viewing.

Thanks for all of the positive comments guys glad you enjoyed it.
Thanks bud , i mean Aurumpro, NA  goldhound Very Happy Yeah sorry guys and girls, only just got back to the forum now, WOW what can i say with the replies Embarassed to many to answer tonight, but great to see the support from our forum members Very Happy All I can say is THANKS EVERYBODY Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  bristlehound Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:01 pm

Loved every minute of it. Thanks Guys for a beautiful and riveting learning experience! Inspirational stuff!!!
bristlehound
bristlehound
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldHound Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:09 pm

avon g wrote:
GoldHound wrote:Tremain and I both got over a kilo each

pale anyone wanna buy my 4500?  i've found just over 10gm in 3.5 years Q20

*EDIT*  sorry 4500 no longer for sale Razz

Pheeeew I thought you were doing the unthinkable avon g.

just stick at mate it its like an apprenticeship it takes many years to become a proficient operator,
and even longer to become a proficient prospector.
GoldHound
GoldHound
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowfin Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:10 pm

Awesome Vid Guys, well done.
Enjoyed every second of it T01 Q38

yellowfin
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2014-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Digginerup Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:15 pm

T06   V05 Good work you boys...and girls Wink   Q15  thanks for sharing that with us, great to see another team at work  scratch when did you say the second episode will be ready? T33  I will need some notice ....  pig  to get pop corn n stuff ready  Q38

Wayne. cheers
Digginerup
Digginerup
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:27 pm

Great video, great scenery, great company, great gold finds and it was a pleasure to watch it.
Did you get many snakes and lizards out in your paths?
Did you guys use water to drink from the river and how did you treat the water?
Thanks for sharing.

Back to top Go down

Post  avon g Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:42 pm

Cheers Auriu... sorry GoldHound!

I has taken me a while, but I couldn't have done it without the generosity and support of those on this forum and i do love my little nugglets! You guys have just sent me back to the drawing board though. Pretty sure that's a very good thing cheers study

avon g
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2012-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post  someday Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:52 pm

Great vid peoples cheers
Makes for pleasant viewing when you get to see the whole shebang Cool

Now if only our Vic gulley's had seen such little activity Sad
someday
someday
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1582
Registration date : 2012-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldHound Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:08 pm

UNCLE BOB wrote:Great video, great scenery, great company,  great gold finds and it was a pleasure to watch it.
Did you get many snakes and lizards out in your paths?
Did you guys use water to drink from the river and how did you treat the water?
Thanks for sharing.

Hi UB
There are plenty of brown snakes and Tipans, and we are so remote that if one of us was to get bitten it would likely end up fatal.
Snake bite is my biggest fear when prospecting in a remote area as even if you bandage the bite of the brown snake you have only got about 1 hour before you go blind.
and once you are blind you are farked!!!!!
And the Tipan is even worse most Tipan bites end in death.

Water is always an issue for us, to much stops us getting in too these remote areas and too little makes life harder than it already is.
At the start of the season there is too much and as the season progresses and the heat increases the water drys out.
Until we are drinking from manky little ponds, that taste like a cane toad Neutral
But NEVER drink black water with no life (insects, fish, ect) as it contains a virus that will kill you very quickly and painfully.
I carry a Katydin water filter as a survival tool but I leave it in the car unless I'm doing an extended stint away from camp, in which case it stays at the bike.
The water filter is an essential tool as I can camp at unpotable water close to gold and make it potable.
As sometimes good water is virtually nowhere to be found.
But earlier in the season we just drink from the rivers as they are clean as they are in remote areas with no bad runoff.
GoldHound
GoldHound
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:40 pm

Hey Goldhound,
Yeah snakes are always an issue but do any of you think of wearing snake guards?
The water filter is a good thing to have, but when drinking water from the river do you boil it first?

You guys get many punctures or run out of petrol? Does a tyre with kevlar help at all?

Always goods planning gives you a peace of mind and more enjoyable camp out I think.

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldHound Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:00 am

UNCLE BOB wrote:Hey Goldhound,
Yeah snakes are always an issue but do any of you think of wearing snake guards?
The water filter is a good thing to have, but when drinking water from the river do you boil it first?

You guys get many punctures or run out of petrol?  Does a tyre with kevlar help at all?

Always goods planning gives you a peace of mind and more enjoyable camp out I think.

Its to hot for snake guards and they only come up to your knees any way.
A big brown or Tipan will usually strike high so the snake guards are useless, Tremain is an experienced snake handler/catcher
That's why we don't wear protective gear on the bikes as well to blo*dy hot for it.
And were already carrying over 20kg in essential gear.

We never boil the water as we are used to drinking pond water, because we live in the bush more than in town and we are conditioned to it.

Bob only an id!ot runs out of petrol in the middle of farkin no where. scratch
We get plenty of flats nothing you can do about them.
We run perrelli scorpion hard compound tyres and the ground is that rough and steep we are lucky if they last 1 month, usually in 3 weeks they are cactus.
GoldHound
GoldHound
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

grab some popcorn. - Page 2 Empty Grab some popcorn

Post  GOLD TRACKER Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:06 am

Fantastic video. Just finished watching from start to finish and could not move from the computer.
Every gram well deserved. Top Effort.
Cheers Q36

Last edited by GOLD TRACKER on Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
GOLD TRACKER
GOLD TRACKER
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2012-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post  CostasDee Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:32 am

Great vid guys, sure gets the old adrenaline pumping. Many thanks for posting and sharing...
CostasDee
CostasDee
Management

Number of posts : 3971
Registration date : 2010-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Gold Miner Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:58 am

Well done for putting in the effort guys! Great Vid!!
Gold Miner
Gold Miner
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 648
Registration date : 2012-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:10 am

goldchaser wrote: Well done guy's,awsome loved it!
 If that doesn't inspire you nothing will...... cheers
Thanks GC, yeah mate the goldhound has really picked up pace on a bike now Smile if  we put a gopro on him in his first season with us you would have seen some wicked stacks, that would make the crusty demons look like kids on scooters lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:15 am

Mechanic wrote:HI Bloodgold, Goldhound and crew,

Now first things first, I don't appreciate being dropped on my head V02 lol!

Now that that is out of the way, absolutely bloody awesome!
I see no scoop, no pinpointer, no attachment on your belt for a pick Cool Thats my style!

Thank you very much for sharing that, I learned a lot from the video, will certainly open my eyes a bit more while out and about.
Great country up there, very rugged, the dry grass looks painful to swing a coil in and damn hot too. You guys put in a lot of effort to get to the places you do and are justly rewarded for your effort. It is very inspiring to say the least, damn it, got to go to work in the morning V02
Oh and love the nuggy jars Very Happy Thats what I'm doing wrong, I need a bigger jar Laughing

Cheers Mick
Hi Mick, lol! yeah mate i did say it was rough footage Very Happy you would be happy to know mate that Tremain is STILL using the battery you sent me years ago Very Happy oh that reminds me he wants to get a couple more done, can you pm me your details and the costs of them again .

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:20 am

Jonathan Porter wrote:Absolutely brilliant....I'm only 41 minutes in and having major flash backs from my early days up North. You all deserve every gram you get working in that country... well done.

JP
Hi JP, glad to see you enjoyed it mate Very Happy did you manage to get to watch it all ? Yeah it is tough country, no doubt about that Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:38 am

Very Happy Thanks Martinjsto, Goldgeo and Shiraz, :Dyeah bloody grass!!! reckon the boys did well with the cameras considering they had no viewing screen to see what they were taping  :Dthats why some of the finds ect were in and out of the picture abit  Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:49 am

Thanks Davsgold, Lee, GB and Avon G, Very Happy Yep i enjoyed putting it together, Tremain is a character Very Happy never a dull moment, and every trip you learn something new off these guys Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:57 am

Thanks Bristlehound,Yellowfin, Wayne, Someday, Uncle Bob, Bren, Costa and GM Very Happy Wayne asked when is the next one?? The missus reckons it was giving birth lol! so it will take some time for the memory to heal before doing it again lol! If i missed anybody sorry but im just rushing abit Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:26 am

Thanks guys & gal for one "Great Video" I started to watch it late last night and couldn't stop. All I could hear in the back ground was wifie saying "are you coming to bed or what" Rolling Eyes I finally got to bed at 1am. Laughing  Wifie sound a sleep. Very Happy Fellows it must be a great feeling to walk/ride into an area that you know no other prospector has ever been into and find gold. These sorts of trip would take a lot of planning. Not just were you are going but also the safety isues as well. As you said you are a long way from no were. Great Vid and I can't wait for episode 2 to come on the big PC screen. Pop corn and stubby's are at the ready Q27
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Inhere Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:23 am

Great video fella's, I only found it at midnight and got to bed after 2am.
Great work in tough country, you deserve every gram you get but take care out
there, watching, I could not help thinking about running over a snake on the bike
and having it tag your leg in that rough country.

Be the end of the game I reckon, but worth the risk hey.
Inhere
Inhere
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 941
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Rege-PA Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:46 pm

Superlative to the nth degree, I enjoyed every minute of it, I closed my eyes every minute a nugget was found and listened to that sweet warble of the machine, just what I needed here in the states in mid winter.
Well done! cheers

Rege-PA
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenhero Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:04 pm

Awesome vid , just finished watching it start to finish , that's my kind of detecting holiday , congrats on the Gold ..cheers mick

goldenhero
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 532
Registration date : 2012-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post  matelot Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:10 pm

I thought an ounce a week was good; you blokes are getting an ounce a day. Well done and I loved the vid.

Roger pirat
matelot
matelot
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2010-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post  bergs Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:14 pm

Hi,

I'm having the same problem with downloading the clip. The same problem as Uncle Bob it says it's not available. This is on my iPad. Maybe I'll try on laptop.

bergs
bergs
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2011-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  stoppsy Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:10 pm

I just kicked back today and watched it... well bloody done I say... I love watching videos like this..
the best thing about it, it was a good length video... its great seeing how different things are in other sates
and how they operate the grounds... watching things like this make you itch to get out and hit the gold
again guys well done loved it
cheers
stoppsy
stoppsy
stoppsy
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 545
Registration date : 2014-01-29

http://www.aussiegoldprospector.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:32 pm

Wombat wrote:Thanks guys & gal for one "Great Video" I started to watch it late last night and couldn't stop. All I could hear in the back ground was wifie saying "are you coming to bed or what" Rolling Eyes I finally got to bed at 1am. Laughing  Wifie sound a sleep. Very Happy Fellows it must be a great feeling to walk/ride into an area that you know no other prospector has ever been into and find gold. These sorts of trip would take a lot of planning. Not just were you are going but also the safety isues as well. As you said you are a long way from no were. Great Vid and I can't wait for episode 2 to come on the big PC screen. Pop corn and stubby's are at the ready Q27
wombat Wink
Very Happy Thanks Wombat, yeah mate we don't just jump on our bikes and end up in places like that, alot of planning studying satelite pics for best spurs hills ect to get there. Then sometimes on the ground is ALOT different than the original plan.Yeah mate your right we are a long way out, we all carry two ways and satelite phones along with gps and snake bite bandages.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum