Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

waypoint import and export to and from ozi android to ozi pc

4 posters

Go down

waypoint import and export to and from ozi android to ozi pc Empty waypoint import and export to and from ozi android to ozi pc

Post  GoldHound Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:13 pm

Hi guys I have been trying to import all of my waypoints from ozi android to ozi pc without any success.
I believe they must be in a different format on ozi android as when I try import them ozi PC cannot find them.
I have looked for a tutorial on the ozi site to no avail.

I have also been trying to import all of the waypoints from my garmin GPS map62sc to ozi PC and then I would like to export them to ozi android.

Any help would be appreciated
GoldHound
GoldHound
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2014-01-06

Back to top Go down

waypoint import and export to and from ozi android to ozi pc Empty Re: waypoint import and export to and from ozi android to ozi pc

Post  pablop Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:22 pm

I only have Ozi for PC, but contact the Ozi support ID, as I have found them very helpful in the past, but they may not be active over the long W/E.

Info@oziexplorer.com
pablop
pablop
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2015-01-17

Back to top Go down

waypoint import and export to and from ozi android to ozi pc Empty Re: waypoint import and export to and from ozi android to ozi pc

Post  Guest Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:45 pm

Aurumpro wrote:Hi guys I have been trying to import all of my waypoints from ozi android to ozi pc without any success.
I believe they must be in a different format on ozi android as when I try import them ozi PC cannot find them.
I have looked for a tutorial on the ozi site to no avail.

I have also been trying to import all of the waypoints from my garmin GPS map62sc to ozi PC and then I would like to export them to ozi android.

Any help would be appreciated

G'day Aurumpro

Easiest way to get waypoints from android to PC or Laptop that I have found is, take the SD card or mini SD card out of the android and put it in the PC or laptop.

Find the SD card and open the file that has the waypoints stored in it, select the waypoints you want and copy, then go to the Oxiexplorer file on the PC find the data file and then the waypoints file and then just paste them there.

Remove SD card from PC, andreplace it in android, load Ozie on the PC and open the map you want, then select import the waypoints you just pasted, it works for me.

The waypoints from the Garmin will be in another format which you will need to use a converted to get them to the right format.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Detectist Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:02 pm

Hi Aurumpro - to convert your garmin waypoints (or almost any other type of GPS and gps file) to another format try GPSBabel http://www.gpsbabel.org/ It is a freeware program.

Just take care not to get caught in the advertising on the webpage.
Detectist
Detectist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post  nickdec Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:12 pm

The Garmin should save the points to a .gpx file when you are connected to the PC (or you may have to download to mapsource and then save them as a .gpx file). Save them in a folder you can find on the PC. Oziexplorer can them load them as "Import GPX file",
Cheers, Nick

nickdec
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2014-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldHound Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:13 pm

Thanks for the reply guy's I'm giving them a go.
The problem I am having is ozi android waypoints are in wba format and ozi PC is in wpt format and ozi PC will not load or recognize the wba format.
GoldHound
GoldHound
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:31 pm

G'day Aurumpro

Sorry, I missed an important bit of info, I just done it again on mine and jotted down the steps.

First of all which is what I missed is, on the android device Load Oziexplorer and go to the "waypoints menu" choose "export all waypoints" export all waypoints to Ozexplorer WPT file

This makes another file in the data waypoint file in the android.

Then it is the same steps as before. copy and paste this new file in the PC ozie data file.

It definatly worked on mine and the new file that is created in the android is a WPT file

Hope this works for you.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldHound Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:08 am

davsgold wrote:G'day Aurumpro

Sorry, I missed an important bit of info, I just done it again on mine and jotted down the steps.

First of all which is what I missed is, on the android device Load Oziexplorer and go to the "waypoints menu" choose "export all waypoints" export all waypoints to Ozexplorer WPT file

This makes another file in the data waypoint file in the android.

Then it is the same steps as before. copy and paste this new file in the PC ozie data file.

It definatly worked on mine and the new file that is created in the android is a WPT file

Hope this works for you.

cheers dave

Thanks dave I gave it a try but it would not create the new file or it may be putting it somewhere I can't find it so I checked the file path in the appropriate menu to no avail I'm now checking for updates to see if that works.
GoldHound
GoldHound
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:29 pm

scratch  Did someone have their user name changed?

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldHound Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:43 pm

Thanks guys
I finally got it working it was a problem with the android tablet.
I updated the android and checked the file path and it now works.
GoldHound
GoldHound
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:17 am

Glad you got it sorted out.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down