Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SDC2300 booster & wireless set-up????? Techo advice required!!!!!!!!

+2
rc62burke
deutran
6 posters

Go down

SDC2300 booster & wireless set-up????? Techo advice required!!!!!!!! Empty SDC2300 booster & wireless set-up????? Techo advice required!!!!!!!!

Post  rc62burke Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:12 pm

Hi All
I am wondering if this is possible with good quality audio?

What I want to do is use the adapter lead (Nenad's lead) connect this to a booster & then use a wireless set-up like this, http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=AA2085
which Detrackozi recommended in another post, then use a wireless receive unit on my pack strap with a speaker.
Is it possible to do this & still get good audio? I may need the booster just before the speaker in the system?

As you can most likely see this tech stuff gets my head spinning pale pale silent
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

SDC2300 booster & wireless set-up????? Techo advice required!!!!!!!! Empty Re: SDC2300 booster & wireless set-up????? Techo advice required!!!!!!!!

Post  deutran Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:52 pm

Hi Lee
Seems nobody wants to give you an answer so I'll try.
The output from the adapter is suitable direct into the dongle.If you use the booster in between, the signal level would be most likely too high and distort even at low levels.
I'm not sure of  the type of receivers available but they may have built in amplifiers or you could use your booster in combination with a standard bluetooth receiver suitable for headphones like the one you have listed above.Remember the booster will need its own power supply built in.
The signal levels that drive headphones are generally 1 Volt Peak to Peak from memory so that would be my guess whats coming out of the adapter.
Can't comment on quality only someone who uses one say on the gpx would have an idea.

Steve
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

SDC2300 booster & wireless set-up????? Techo advice required!!!!!!!! Empty Re: SDC2300 booster & wireless set-up????? Techo advice required!!!!!!!!

Post  rc62burke Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:03 pm

Hey Deutran
Thanks for that mate!
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldHound Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:37 pm

You won't have a problem with a wireless setup I made an adaptor from the cable of the standard headphones and ran it to the wireless transmitter which is tucked into black al's case then to the receiver then to a bz booster then to my wifes speaker backpack setup or to my headphones.
GoldHound
GoldHound
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2014-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:18 pm

2014-11-23
Aurumpro wrote:You won't have a problem with a wireless setup I made an adaptor from the cable of the standard headphones and ran it to the wireless transmitter which is tucked into black al's case then to the receiver then to a bz booster then to my wifes speaker backpack setup or to my headphones.

Hey Aurumpro,
Thanks for that good news mate!! Very Happy can you help with a make & model of the transmitter & receiver units that you used as I would much rather go with something that has been well tested & well with you tick of approval it's gotta be good as you seem to strive for the best with your gear. Cool Cool
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

SDC2300 booster & wireless set-up????? Techo advice required!!!!!!!! Empty Bluetooth Headphones

Post  pommyjohn1 Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:00 pm

I use a Bluetooth dongle plugged in to my B and Z Booster then put on My Bluetooth headphones simple. Get the dongle and headphones on the net I think the brand name is OXYGEN
pommyjohn1
pommyjohn1
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2012-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesthepom Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:13 pm

I just made up a Bluetooth earphone setup and it seames to work quite well not given it a proper field test yet
Setup goes as follows
Headphone adaptor to get to 6.35mm plug then reduce this to 3.5mm then connect Bluetooth transmitter from jaycar AA2025 model number then got some Jabra Bluetooth earphones from JbHiFi Model: 2474399 the volume controls work but it is not super loud about the same volume as the supplied headphones
Hope this helps someone I would also like to try a small Bluetooth speaker will let you know if I manage to find one and ger it to work

V11

Lesthepom
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2015-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:02 pm

Lesthepom wrote:I just made up a Bluetooth earphone setup and it seames to work quite well not given it a proper field test yet
Setup goes as follows
Headphone adaptor to get to 6.35mm plug then reduce this to 3.5mm then connect Bluetooth transmitter from jaycar AA2025 model number then got some Jabra Bluetooth earphones from JbHiFi Model: 2474399 the volume controls work but it is not super loud about the same volume as the supplied headphones
Hope this helps someone I would also like to try a small Bluetooth speaker will let you know if I manage to find one and ger it to work

V11

G'day Lesthepom

Does this Bluetooth transmitter come with some sort of Bluetooth receiver which could be plugged into a B&Z booster and using the external speakers that go with it, that way the SDC2300 still remains free from attached wires etc and can be set down on the ground and you are free wonder around un attached.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:32 am

davsgold wrote:
Lesthepom wrote:I just made up a Bluetooth earphone setup and it seames to work quite well not given it a proper field test yet
Setup goes as follows

V11

G'day Lesthepom

Does this Bluetooth transmitter come with some sort of Bluetooth receiver which could be plugged into a B&Z booster and using the external speakers that go with it, that way the SDC2300 still remains free from attached wires etc and can be set down on the ground and you are free wonder around un attached.

cheers dave

Hey Dave
Have a look at this thread, I think it is the same item number quoted by the above user, this syetem works quite well for me & there is a volume control on the RX unit for increased control, I have not used it yet with a booster but I think it will work very well, I still use under chin ear buds with the SDC.
https://golddetecting.forumotion.net/t21922-wireless-sdc2300-achevied-i-mean-achieved
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesthepom Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:21 am

davsgold wrote:
Setup goes as follows

V11

G'day Lesthepom

cheers dave

Hi Dave
The Bluetooth is a send or receive model so if you got 2 you could connect it to your booster put one on the detector as a transmitter and the other on your booster the small size of these things is impressive I did see some cheap Chinese ones on eBay but the quality and performance was a bit dodgy so went for the jaycar one.
The earphones I got have a receiver built in so I don't need a receiver.
If I can workout how to upload a picture I will put one on this post as soon as I can my whole setup would fit in to a cigarette packet quite easily
Hope this helps

Lesthepom
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesthepom Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:05 pm

SDC2300 booster & wireless set-up????? Techo advice required!!!!!!!! Blueto10

Lesthepom
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:44 pm

Thanks for the info and pics.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Narrawa Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:33 pm

The new Detacc booster marries up with the SDC very well throught Nenad's lead...and runs off a 9v battery.....the speaker of your choice is then mounted on the handle just above the threshold LEDS. Most use the GME speaker due to its small size. This gives you volume control over threshold with plenty of grunt. Its not Bluetooth/wireless, but thought it worth a mention anyway. Razz

Also....the new Detacc booster has the ability to convert the none wired plug to wired for use on the GPX batteries....meaning....if you plug a none wired speaker into a GPX battery, it wont initiate the inbuilt amp....running the same speaker through the new Detacc booster WILL initiate the amp while the booster is in the off position. This gives you the provision to use both amps, but not in series......one at a time only.

Booster is $130 on its own...new curly wired GME speaker is $65
Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1885
Registration date : 2008-10-22

http://australiangoldfields.freeforums.org/

Back to top Go down