Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gold Prospecting Australia's detecting tour at Leonora - great 9.5 days- 426 pieces of gold found.

5 posters

Go down

Gold Prospecting Australia's detecting tour at Leonora - great 9.5 days- 426 pieces of gold found. Empty Gold Prospecting Australia's detecting tour at Leonora - great 9.5 days- 426 pieces of gold found.

Post  Jigalong Sat May 22, 2010 5:29 pm

Howdy all,

Just back in Sydney yesterday after Tour 1 ended on Monday night.

There was about 20 people detecting from a bush camp NE of Leonora. They ranged from rank new chums, to a hot shot from Bendigo.

The group tally for nine and a half days detecting, was 426 pieces (nuggets and specimens) for 10.9 oz (338.5 gm). The three best nuggets were 22.7, 15 and 12 gm (I think that is correct, if not, it's close)

I got 46 pieces for 50.7 gm during the tour and picked up 19 pc for 14.4 gm in the five days before the tour started. So for the two and a bit weeks, I scored 65 nuggets for a bit over 2 oz.

My best bit, was a 22.7 gm clunker which sounded great when it hit the plastic scoop. I found this 18" down using the Nugget Finder 10" eliptical mono. What a great coil this little bugger is.

Can't post any pictures yet, as it's all in acid having a clean up.

Jig

Last edited by Jigalong on Sun May 23, 2010 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Jigalong
Jigalong
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1316
Registration date : 2008-11-14

Back to top Go down

Gold Prospecting Australia's detecting tour at Leonora - great 9.5 days- 426 pieces of gold found. Empty Re: Gold Prospecting Australia's detecting tour at Leonora - great 9.5 days- 426 pieces of gold found.

Post  Guest Sat May 22, 2010 6:15 pm

good on ya jig. sounds like you had a blast as well as paying for your trip?

will hold you to posting some photos after the cleanup eh?

Back to top Go down

Gold Prospecting Australia's detecting tour at Leonora - great 9.5 days- 426 pieces of gold found. Empty Re: Gold Prospecting Australia's detecting tour at Leonora - great 9.5 days- 426 pieces of gold found.

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Sat May 22, 2010 7:31 pm

Well done Jig, that's not a bad effort and a lot of fun would have been had.

Hopefully we get to see some pics of your finds.

Cheers
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Gold Prospecting Australia's detecting tour at Leonora - great 9.5 days- 426 pieces of gold found. Empty Good on Ya

Post  whatsthetime Sat May 22, 2010 8:10 pm

Well done Jigalong, good start of the season. See you around Hill End soon !!! Wink
whatsthetime
whatsthetime
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2010-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post  fredmason Sun May 23, 2010 2:35 am

nice going jig...I will be in halls creek on tour five...

fred

fredmason
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 23, 2010 10:14 am

Lotsa success jig - great stuff Gold Prospecting Australia's detecting tour at Leonora - great 9.5 days- 426 pieces of gold found. Icon_biggrin

GPA is a great operation and Mark's a top bloke - better mention Ronda as she shares the load on the Vic tours.

Hows is his new van looking - he got it ready just in time for the outback detecting tours...

Highly recommend GPA Gold Prospecting Australia's detecting tour at Leonora - great 9.5 days- 426 pieces of gold found. Icon_biggrin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jigalong Sun May 23, 2010 10:25 am

Ararat,

You must know them, you can spell her name !

Big problems with the new van. Had to have a total axle / suspension change in Kal before the tour started. Looks a lot better now and Mark finally has some comfort and privacy.

Jig.
Jigalong
Jigalong
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:38 am

Morning Jig,
Are we going to see the pics soon?

Cheers
Peter
Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2689
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

Back to top Go down

Post  Jigalong Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:51 am

G'day Peter,

The 22.7 gm nougat I got, is in my new avatar photo here. It is shown with a 5.9 heart shaped bit I found at Tibooburra and mounted on a ring for my wife.
The rest are really not worth a photo, as the biggest was 2.8, 2.5 etc and on and on - 64 bits plus the one big nougat.

I also detected down at Mt Monger before I went on the trip with GPA at Leonora. I just heard yesterday a 30 kg nugget was found by a detector operator 3.5 km away from Integra's Majestic Lease at Mt Monger . I have a picture and will edit this post and add it later when I have figured out how to do it.

Cheers,

Jig.

Gold Prospecting Australia's detecting tour at Leonora - great 9.5 days- 426 pieces of gold found. Untitled

Last edited by Jigalong on Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:03 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Buggering up the picture posting)
Jigalong
Jigalong
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down