Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SDC Headphones!!!

+4
deutran
AraratGold
goosestep
rc62burke
8 posters

Go down

SDC Headphones!!! Empty SDC Headphones!!!

Post  rc62burke Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:26 pm

Hi All
Something I have noticed in the post's regarding the SDC is the comments about the headphones lead being to short, I was discussing the little issue's like arm rest & lack of feet & headphones today.
I realised that the CTX 3030 VLF detector by Minelab actually has a wireless headphones option(or standard not sure), to me this would have been a great improvement if it was included in the SDC package, it seems like a bit of a backward step not to include it.

What are your thoughts, I realise this may be a water proof issue, but then I think the CTX is also waterproof?? it seems to be evolution to go this way.
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

SDC Headphones!!! Empty Re: SDC Headphones!!!

Post  rc62burke Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:13 am

Interesting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2 weeks 190 plus views!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no comments zero zip not even from Minelab dealers?????????????? scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes 
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  goosestep Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:29 am

That is because they know that it is a bad design for anyone who is 6 foot plus
goosestep
goosestep
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2014-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  AraratGold Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:10 am

goosestep wrote:That is because they know that it is a bad design for anyone who is 6 foot plus

And Minelab apparently don't give a damn !
Cheers,
Rick
AraratGold
AraratGold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  deutran Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:21 am

Hi Lee
The socket is the big killer in this one,its stopping third party options.
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Dunks50 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:00 pm

deutran wrote:Hi Lee
The socket is the big killer in this one,its stopping third party options.

Yeah mate I realise they have it tied up with a special connector!!
But they would not have needed a special connector if they had utilised the already available technology from the CTX in regards the "Wireless" headphones, this to me at least seemed like a natural progression.
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Qld Sandy Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:01 pm

rc62burke wrote:Interesting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2 weeks  190 plus views!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no comments zero zip not even from Minelab dealers?????????????? scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes 

That's because it is a pointless exercise and a waste of time.   Rolling Eyes  The SDC has been designed to be simple. People on the forums have been screaming for simple for years.

And now you have simple, you want to complicate it?????   V27 

The CTX3030 wireless setup has a module that connects to the detector and you have a selection in regards to a frequency in the case that there are other CTX's in the vicinity. Some of the electronics for this are in the detector. Can you see a complete board redesign happening to accomodate this?
Qld Sandy
Qld Sandy
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2008-10-18

https://www.goldcitydetecting.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:32 pm

[quote="Qld Sandy"]
rc62burke wrote:Interesting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2 weeks  190 plus views!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no comments zero zip not even from Minelab dealers?????????????? scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes 

That's because it is a pointless exercise and a waste of time.   Rolling Eyes  The SDC has been designed to be simple. People on the forums have been screaming for simple for years.

And now you have simple, you want to complicate it?????   V27 

The CTX3030 wireless setup has a module that connects to the detector and you have a selection in regards to a frequency in the case that there are other CTX's in the vicinity. Some of the electronics for this are in the detector. Can you see a complete board redesign happening to accomodate this?[/quote]

Hey Mate
point 1- Designed to simple - To my way of thinking a wireless speaker that could also be connected to a wireless speaker should be simple as?, I am not a techno nerd though!!

point 2- And now you have simple, you want to complicate it????? - I run a Little Ripper on an SD, it could not get an more simple. Frankly I am very surprised that Minelab have not picked up this technology (like I said not a techno, so there may be a valid reason)

point 3- Can you see a complete board redesign happening to accomodate this? - Now you have me scratching my head with this one  scratch scratch
wasn't the SDC designed after the CTX3030 ??? As the CTX has the wireless tech to which I was referring to & asked why it would not be used in this new detector ??
I am in no way trying to cause an issue, I thought I asked a legitimate ?? about the available technology which to me would have been an improvement drawing on my experience with wireless!!!! 
For all I know there could have been a problem with the wireless tech in the CTX & that is where I thought we may get some input from the guys that know eg dealers.
Not trying to ruffle any feathers, personally I do not see any (within reason) discussion as a waste of time when it comes to possibly getting improvements in equipment
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Qld Sandy Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:48 pm

Lee,
To run a wireless type setup, there would need to be electronics in the detector to talk to the receiver (on the operator), thus a redesign of the SDC electronics and a new board if I am not mistaken. Maybe someone could come up with an aftermarket kit.
This is all after the detector has been released, so there isn't much point unless some enterprising person thinks it's worthwhile.
Cheers.
Qld Sandy
Qld Sandy
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2008-10-18

https://www.goldcitydetecting.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Detrackozi Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:12 pm

Lee

you can use Bluetooth, buy a Bluetooth dongle and get yourself a Bluetooth speaker Receive or just use your phone Wink 
Detrackozi
Detrackozi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  bicter Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:44 am

I think the main reason for remaining with corded headsets is so the detector/headset can be used fully submersed. RF (wireless) doesn't work well in water.
Regards
Terry
bicter
bicter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:32 am

bicter wrote:I think the main reason for remaining with corded headsets is so the detector/headset can be used fully submersed. RF (wireless) doesn't work well in water.
Regards
Terry

Spot on Terry. It's also the reason the plug is different, because it's waterproof. The standard plugs aren't water proof.

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:47 am

Qld Sandy wrote:Lee,
To run a wireless type setup, there would need to be electronics in the detector to talk to the receiver (on the operator), thus a redesign of the SDC electronics and a new board if I am not mistaken. Maybe someone could come up with an aftermarket kit.
This is all after the detector has been released, so there isn't much point unless some enterprising person thinks it's worthwhile.
Cheers.

Mate
I fully understand what you are saying here, but what I was getting at, is the fact that this technology is available & already used by Minelab in the CTX, it just puzzles me as to why it would not have been included, I am not advocating a rebuild of the board "It's to damn late now" hopefully they may include it in the "Version 2" or the "GPX Whatever" if we never ask the questions we will never know the answers.

rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:49 am

Detrackozi wrote:Lee

you can use Bluetooth, buy a Bluetooth dongle and get yourself a Bluetooth speaker Receive or just use your phone Wink 

Hey Detrack
Interesting!!!! how would one go about doing this & connecting it to the detector plug?????
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:55 am

bicter wrote:I think the main reason for remaining with corded headsets is so the detector/headset can be used fully submersed. RF (wireless) doesn't work well in water.
Regards
Terry

Hey Bicter
Good point mate I had thought about that too, but correct me if I am wrong? but the headphones supplied aren't water proof are they???????? I think you need to purchase the water proof ones as an option (like I said I may be wrong)
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:38 am

The headphones supplied aren't waterproof but the connection is.  For when working in shallow streams, and other areas where the detector may become submersed but not the detectorist.  And the connection obviously has to be the same as the water proof headphones or it would not work.
They could have supplied an adaptor cable but I suppose but then people would have complained about even more $.
Surprised at how many people have complained about the speaker, since I haven't heard anyone complain about the more expensive gpx which comes with no speaker at all  affraid 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:43 am

Another thought I just had, I wonder how many warranties will be void by using the non water proof plugs then getting them wet ?

Back to top Go down

Post  Detrackozi Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:29 pm

Lee

If you are going to mod your Earphone lead then your going to have a 6.5 plug then you can plug what you like into it

http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=AA2085

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html/_W0QQ_sopZ12?_nkw=audio%20transmitter&_fromfsb=0&_trksid=m270.l1313

Mybe it's a project for you to try if not there will be others out there that would be using it for other detectors Wink 
Detrackozi
Detrackozi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  cabletie Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:03 pm

What about a fm transmitter ? With the blue tooth idea you'd need to power the dongle with usb or something. Than you'll need to get radio head phones.
cabletie
cabletie
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 575
Registration date : 2012-08-12

https://youtu.be/s_5Td2wPusA

Back to top Go down