Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The cattle dog story.

3 posters

Go down

The cattle dog story. Empty The cattle dog story.

Post  Nightjar Mon May 10, 2010 8:14 pm

A CATTLE DOG STORY

Kevin Rudd called Julia Gillard into his office one day and said "Julia,

I have a great idea! We are going to go all out to win the country voters".

"Good idea Leader, how will we go about it"? said Julia.

"Well", said Rudd, "we get ourselves one of those Driaza Bone coats, some RM Williams boots, a stick and an Akubra hat. Oh, and a blue cattle dog. Then we'll really look the part. We'll go to a typical old outback country pub, we'll show we really enjoy the bush".

"Right" said Julia.

Days later, all kitted out and with the requisite blue heeler, they set off from Canberra in a westerly direction. Eventually they arrived at just the place they were looking for and found a typical outback pub.

They walked in with the dog and up to the bar.

"G'day mate", said Rudd to the bartender, "two middies of your best beer".

"Good afternoon Leader", said the bartender, "two middies of our best coming up".

Gillard and Rudd stood leaning on the bar drinking their beer and chatting, nodding now and again to whoever came into the bar for a drink. The dog lay quietly at their feet.

All of a sudden, the door from the adjacent bar opened and in came a grizzled old stockman, complete with stock whip. He walked up to the cattle dog, lifted its tail with the whip and looked underneath, shrugged his shoulders and walked back to the other bar. A few moments later in came another old stockman with his whip. He walked up to the dog and lifted its tail, looked underneath, scratched his head and went back to the other bar.

Over the course of the next hour or so another four or five stockmen came in and lifted the dog's tail and went away looking puzzled.

Eventually, Rudd and Gillard could stand it no longer and called the barman over.

"Tell me" said Rudd, "why did all those old stockmen come in and look under the dog's tail like that? Is it an old outback custom?"

"Strewth no", said the barman. "Someone told 'em there was a cattle dog in the bar with two a**eholes".

Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2689
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

Back to top Go down

The cattle dog story. Empty Re: The cattle dog story.

Post  Guest Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:26 am

Gday

Very funny, in light of the recent situation between the ranga and the milky bar kid, I bet that they are in agreement about their being two a holes, I bet he likes her even less than she likes him at the moment, hes still getting over the eye watering kick to the goolies that she and her henchmen gave him, cant say I blame them though.

cheers

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:49 pm

stayyerAU wrote:
the milky bar kid,

That is funny, FACT the original milky bar kid used to be a little boy, NOW not so little and no longer a boy (modern operations, have changed the world)
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  grumblebum Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:46 pm

Another Dog Story for some who aren't familiar with Australian folklore.

The Loaded Dog

grumblebum
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2010-11-14

Back to top Go down