Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nugget Finder XP series

4 posters

Go down

Nugget Finder XP series Empty Nugget Finder XP series

Post  Shinegold Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:12 pm

I have seen a 20" DD XP series go up for sale, I would like to know from others what their thoughts are on not only this particular coil, but the XP series in general. (I realise that this item might be sold by the time I get replies, thought it would be a good topic anyway).

I am looking for a bigger coil for my 2000, I have Coiltek and Commander 18DDs, not sure if the size difference matters that much but interested in trying a NF DD.

I have heard that there were problems with some of them, some had the switch near the coil plug, other versions on the coil, and the performance may have been compromised. Others have said some were faulty in the past. Wiht the advent of the GPX machines, the XP functionality became redundant, I gather this was more fore the GP series than the SD series as well. Wonder how they perform on the SD series?

Anyone knowledgeable on the XP series?
Shinegold
Shinegold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Back to top Go down

Nugget Finder XP series Empty Re: Nugget Finder XP series

Post  Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:06 pm

G'day Shinegold,

I had a 14x9 xp when I had the GP3000/3500 and I found they worked quite well. In fact the deepest nugget I dug using the 3500 fitted with this coil was a solid 6gram nugget at about 16" deep in moderately mineralised ground in Possum Gully near Amherst. It wasn't much of a sound but because I had the coil switch to xp I don't think I would have even heard it in the normal setting. This coil had the switch on the coil. I think my young bloke still has his one and he never uses it as he has the GPX5000 now. He used to use it on his GP Extreme.
Hope this helps.

Cheers. Mike.

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinegold Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:57 pm

Thanks for hte info, that's pretty good for a smallish DD. I will be using it on my SD, not sure how the phase switch will differ the detector.
Shinegold
Shinegold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:49 pm

G'day Shinegold,

The switch does what the GPXs do when you set the signal response switch to invert it gives an inverted signal on the deeper targets. Which is supposed to make them sound more like a smaller shallow target.
Hope this helps.

Cheers. Mike.

Back to top Go down

Post  Inhere Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:51 am

Shinegold wrote:I have seen a 20" DD XP series go up for sale, I would like to know from others what their thoughts are on not only this particular coil, but the XP series in general. (I realise that this item might be sold by the time I get replies, thought it would be a good topic anyway).

I am looking for a bigger coil for my 2000, I have Coiltek and Commander 18DDs, not sure if the size difference matters that much but interested in trying a NF DD.

I have heard that there were problems with some of them, some had the switch near the coil plug, other versions on the coil, and the performance may have been compromised. Others have said some were faulty in the past. Wiht the advent of the GPX machines, the XP functionality became redundant, I gather this was more fore the GP series than the SD series as well. Wonder how they perform on the SD series?

Anyone knowledgeable on the XP series?

G'day Shinegold, all the nugget finder XP DD coils worked very well on the GP's and would also work well on your 2000, I have a
20" DD XP that has no switch, just stays in XP mode but does go very deep. Worth you picking one up for your 2000.
Inhere
Inhere
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 941
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Narrawa Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:23 am

Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1885
Registration date : 2008-10-22

http://australiangoldfields.freeforums.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  marty Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:52 pm

Ive still got one of the last NF 18" DD coils. Just trying it on normal targets it worked fine but never got it on that deep noisy ground I bought it for to have a go at those bigger deeper ones. So its still sittin under the bed. I've never sold it because I think that there is a real use for it in the right ground if you can find it! MARTY

marty
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2010-10-07

Back to top Go down