Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In Car Navigation with Ozi Explorer and Gold & Ghosts Geo Maps "Help Needed"

2 posters

Go down

In Car Navigation with Ozi Explorer and Gold & Ghosts Geo Maps "Help Needed" Empty In Car Navigation with Ozi Explorer and Gold & Ghosts Geo Maps "Help Needed"

Post  determined1 Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:36 am

Hi all,

Have now got the following

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/7-CAR-GPS-NAVIGATION-HD-WIRELESS-REVERSING-CAMERA-8GB-/121074043163

Ozi Explorer with CE option

Gold and Ghosts WA Geo Maps

32GB SanDisk Ultra SD Card

Have installed OE on the Desktop but not the CE component.

Successfully copied G & G to desktop and opened maps in OE.

Have copied the contents of the original GPS SD card to a folder on the desktop.

My objective is to load the G & G maps  onto the GPS unit and be able to swap between the standard street maps and the G & G Maps when in the relevant area with my position and or track being displayed on the GPS.

My problem is where do I go from here

I have not installed CE on the desktop yet because the notes say "When the install program is run on your PC it will install OE on your PDA". I thought what I would be doing is somehow installing OE on the new SD card and then somehow copying the maps to the SD card.

Any help would be appreciated.

Determined1

determined1
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2013-03-27

Back to top Go down

In Car Navigation with Ozi Explorer and Gold & Ghosts Geo Maps "Help Needed" Empty Re: In Car Navigation with Ozi Explorer and Gold & Ghosts Geo Maps "Help Needed"

Post  Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:34 am

Hi determined1

Been looking with interest, sad you haven't had any replys, maybe on the weekend.

I was wondering if you are happy with it? as I am thinking of getting one. I like the idea of the screen size.
Plus reverse camera.
I am hoping you can manage to upload your maps, then it would be a very handy unit.

Back to top Go down

In Car Navigation with Ozi Explorer and Gold & Ghosts Geo Maps "Help Needed" Empty Re: In Car Navigation with Ozi Explorer and Gold & Ghosts Geo Maps "Help Needed"

Post  geof_junk Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:23 pm

http://www.exploroz.com/Shop/Hema+Hema_Navigator_6.aspx#rqc_tabs=2

The above site may help. What are your problems, I know OziExplorer but not Hema GPS.
geof_junk
geof_junk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 933
Registration date : 2008-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post  determined1 Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:31 pm

G'day geof-junk and Jen58 and thanks for responding.

Am now getting assistance from Detrackozi which I have to say I am eternally grateful for. It is a step by step process that may take awhile to complete.

Will update as things progress. Will also try to document as best I can what steps are taken in order to help others in the future if I can (and of course so that I can do it again if I have too, without troubling others twice).

Determined

determined1
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2013-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  geof_junk Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:20 pm

Detrackozi has helped many members over the years, so I'm sure you are in the best hands. Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy
geof_junk
geof_junk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 933
Registration date : 2008-11-11

Back to top Go down