Accuracy of breathalysers?

Go down

Accuracy of breathalysers? Empty Accuracy of breathalysers?

Post  iliac on Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:56 pm

I have breathalyser before but need to buy one, anyone familiar with alcosense mini? looks good and affordable.

iliac
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2013-12-12

Back to top Go down

Accuracy of breathalysers? Empty Re: Accuracy of breathalysers?

Post  Digginerup on Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:46 pm

No idea really on that model, but here's a funny one you may not have seen, I only wish I could tell what they were saying.

Wayne. cheers 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5NA8Vjjkow
Digginerup
Digginerup
Management

Number of posts : 2400
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Accuracy of breathalysers? Empty Re: Accuracy of breathalysers?

Post  gef50 on Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:22 pm

You should beware that the cheaper Breath Analysis devices only give you a rough indication of alcohol in your system. Also you should ask your self how long would the fuel cell last .. every time you blow ( and if you have had a few ) as this degrades the cell. Also are you able to calibrate the unit ..and where would you calibrate the unit on a known solution value ... a lot of these cheap units are not able to be calibrated.
If you want a decent unit that gives you a more truer reading of the alcohol in your system you should be checking out the ones from Drager (German product).in Australia. I am not a sales person for these people or pushing product I am just suggesting to get something that has a reputable name and produces quality products... or even Alcolizer an australian made unit. Both these companies sell units for personal use as well as for law enforcement and industry.
gef50
gef50
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2008-10-24

http://www.vkteksolutions.com

Back to top Go down

Accuracy of breathalysers? Empty Re: Accuracy of breathalysers?

Post  Nightjar on Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:21 pm

The very best and proven breathaliser is:

DON'T DRINK & DRIVE!








Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2216
Registration date : 2008-10-25

http://s4.zetaboards.com/Gold_Detecting/index/

Back to top Go down

Accuracy of breathalysers? Empty Re: Accuracy of breathalysers?

Post  gef50 on Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:49 pm

exactly Peter .. especially this Xmas ... coz they ( the boys in blue) will be out there .. and around that corner ...
cheers all
gef50
gef50
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2008-10-24

http://www.vkteksolutions.com

Back to top Go down

Accuracy of breathalysers? Empty Re: Accuracy of breathalysers?

Post  iliac on Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:39 pm

Digginerup wrote:No idea really on that model, but here's a funny one you may not have seen, I only wish I could tell what they were saying.

Wayne. cheers 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5NA8Vjjkow

LOL this made my day!  Very Happy 

iliac
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2013-12-12

Back to top Go down

Accuracy of breathalysers? Empty Re: Accuracy of breathalysers?

Post  iliac on Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:47 pm

gef50 wrote:You should beware that the cheaper Breath Analysis devices only give you a rough indication of alcohol in your system. Also you should ask your self how long would the fuel cell last .. every time you blow ( and if you have had a few ) as this degrades the cell. Also are you able to calibrate the unit ..and where would you calibrate the unit on a known solution value ... a lot of these cheap units are not able to be calibrated.
If you want a decent unit that gives you a more truer reading of the alcohol in your system you should be checking out the ones from Drager (German product).in Australia. I am not a sales person for these people or pushing product I am just suggesting to get something that has a reputable name and produces quality products... or even Alcolizer an australian made unit. Both these companies sell units for personal use as well as for law enforcement and industry.

Thanks for the suggestions! Yeah i am also aware of the cheap brands around, its a waste of money. I'll check on that product you told me. Lately, I've come to browse about this alcosense breathalyser , looks good..
http://www.breathalyzer.com.au/alcosense-pro-professional-breathalyzer

and a friend told me the company calibrates the unit you bought. i'll canvass first.. and yes no safer thing to do than don't drive if you think you are drunk Smile Just always on the safe side..

iliac
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2013-12-12

Back to top Go down

Accuracy of breathalysers? Empty Re: Accuracy of breathalysers?

Post  iliac on Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:49 pm

Nightjar wrote:The very best and proven breathaliser is:

DON'T DRINK & DRIVE!

Yeah Agree too ! Smile

iliac
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2013-12-12

Back to top Go down

Accuracy of breathalysers? Empty Re: Accuracy of breathalysers?

Post  iliac on Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:02 pm

I've purchased this Alcosense Pro Breathalyzer, it has three yrs warranty and it should be calibrated every 6 months and the company does it.
Aside from this gadget of course safer to do is DO NOT drive if you think your are really drunk Smile

iliac
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2013-12-12

Back to top Go down

Accuracy of breathalysers? Empty Re: Accuracy of breathalysers?

Post  gef50 on Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:50 pm

Should have queried them how often the fuel cell needs to be replaced and pump...
gef50
gef50
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2008-10-24

http://www.vkteksolutions.com

Back to top Go down

Accuracy of breathalysers? Empty Re: Accuracy of breathalysers?

Post  iliac on Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:39 am

gef50 wrote:Should have queried them how often the fuel cell needs to be replaced and pump...

you mean calibration? it should be every 6 months or 200 blows whichever comes first:)

iliac
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2013-12-12

Back to top Go down

Accuracy of breathalysers? Empty Re: Accuracy of breathalysers?

Post  iliac on Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:43 am

this one by the way is a good reading for breathalyser infos

http://www.breathalyzer.com.au/about

iliac
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2013-12-12

Back to top Go down

Accuracy of breathalysers? Empty Los Angeles DUI attorney

Post  Ureel@75 on Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:33 pm

Yeah, I read from breathalyzer.com.au and really got to know many things about which I wasn’t aware of. Then I talked with my friend who works for a Los Angeles DUI attorney at http://www.duilawyerlosangeles.com/ and he affirmed most of those tricks and inaccuracies.

Ureel@75

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2017-08-01

Back to top Go down

Accuracy of breathalysers? Empty Re: Accuracy of breathalysers?

Post  Deangeo74 on Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:43 pm

Ah! This is a good thing to discuss. How can we be so sure about its accuracy? My uncle was once pressed against DUI charges but he didn’t drink too much that day. There was definitely something wrong with breathalyzer. We took help of a good Los Angeles DUI lawyer to sort things out.

Deangeo74

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2019-01-15

http://www.duilawyerlosangeles.com/

Back to top Go down

Accuracy of breathalysers? Empty Re: Accuracy of breathalysers?

Post  Nightjar on Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:34 am

Deangeo74 wrote:Ah! This is a good thing to discuss. How can we be so sure about its accuracy? My uncle was once pressed against DUI charges but he didn’t drink too much that day. There was definitely something wrong with breathalyzer. We took help of a good Los Angeles DUI lawyer to sort things out.

Save a heap of lives, suffering and money. "DON'T DRINK & DRIVE"
It is ludicrous/irresponsible to say "but he didn't drink too much that day." clown






Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2216
Registration date : 2008-10-25

http://s4.zetaboards.com/Gold_Detecting/index/

Back to top Go down

Accuracy of breathalysers? Empty Re: Accuracy of breathalysers?

Post  terraform on Mon May 27, 2019 11:43 am

dont buy a cheap one, police ones are relatively sensitive, but you can buy personal ones that are more so. but you will be paying over $100.

terraform
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2019-05-26

Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum