Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whats Your Thoughts

2 posters

Go down

Whats Your Thoughts  Empty Whats Your Thoughts

Post  Goldfields Explorer Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:13 pm

Hi just wondering what other detecting people think about the
Nugget Finder 30" x 7" Elliptical Mono - I know we have discussed this before.
But now some time has past, did many people buy this coil & had any luck with it ??
If anyone has some info about this coil please add your comment as I am thinking
About adding this coil to my collection,- Cheers Happy Hunting Goldfields Explorer
Goldfields Explorer
Goldfields Explorer
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2011-03-28

Back to top Go down

Whats Your Thoughts  Empty Re: Whats Your Thoughts

Post  spinna Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:55 pm

Hi Goldfield Explorer

I used this coil last year in the West.  Covers a lot of area but I found that it really "bounced / wobbled" when using it in the standard way.
As a result, I was never confident that the coil was level to the ground at all times.
In the end, I just walked with the coil out to one side of me. Covered a lot of ground, the coil did not wobble and was a little less tiring than actually swinging it.
Sensitive enough but I just felt uncomfortable using it as I am of small structure.
Good luck
spinna

spinna
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

Whats Your Thoughts  Empty Spinna

Post  Goldfields Explorer Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:18 am

Hi mate thanks for your reply,
Can I ask you don't own that coil ?,but you had a try, Did you swing it all day
Do you think it would be different if you got used of it after awhile , How long have you been detecting there spinna.
I have been thinking about adding it to my collection if it does the right job for me,
I don't like spending money on coils unless they suit me, most coils I buy new I always seem to find gold and
it quickly pays for itself ,Don't ask me how that happens but it does.
It does have a good sweep and I like the tip easy to stick it under trees, but as yet I haven't used it
I have checked its about 900 grams -which I think the 18'inch gold stalker mono is about 600grams
ok cheers there spinna -GFE
Goldfields Explorer
Goldfields Explorer
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down

Whats Your Thoughts  Empty Re: Whats Your Thoughts

Post  spinna Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:49 pm

Hi GFE.
Just for the record, I am a Nuggetfinder enthusiast. They come with a 3 year warranty and I find them sensitive and well manufactured.
But to answer your questions, yes I did own it and put it though its paces a couple of times last year but probably only for 8 hours total. I didn't use it as often as I should have, as I found it not so much heavy to use, but more awkward.
In the end I just found it easier to use it walking with it at my side - perhaps due to my stature (or lack of it!!).
It does cover a lot of ground, and as you point out, it has good reach under trees.
I ended up selling it to a mate because I didn't like the way it wobbled while swinging in the conventional way.
If you can put up with the wobble or can make a supporting bracket, then perhaps you should go for it. I just was not confident that I was getting level coverage.
Perhaps I was a bit rash as I did find 4 or 5 smaller nuggets with it.
Good hunting
spinna

p.s.  You will need a longer bottom shaft when using it.

spinna
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

Whats Your Thoughts  Empty Spinna

Post  Goldfields Explorer Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:22 am

Ah ok I hear you there spinna/
well your Nf man, I have always been into Coiltek,but I have changed my mind since the new Nf coils advantage series
as now they seem to be well made so I agree with you there.
I already use a longer shaft due to being taller makes it easy for me to stick the coil under trees,
I would like to try that coil but I wouldn't want a coil sitting doing nothing hey.
well thanks a lot for your input and info its always interesting to have I might just put it off a bit longer
Cheers and thanks again GFE Happy Hunting Your Way ..
Goldfields Explorer
Goldfields Explorer
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down