Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Experts help I need...on Large dd coils for deep gold...

2 posters

Go down

Experts help I need...on Large dd coils for deep gold... Empty Experts help I need...on Large dd coils for deep gold...

Post  relichunter2 Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:45 am

Hi guys/gals, as you all know coils are a large investment. So before I just jump into buying another coil to add to my collection I would like to ask a question. I have been running my 18 " mono Commander coil on a patch and I have been rewarded with some nice nuggets. The problem is the 18 " inch mono is a bit to noise in the ground I am searching. I know there has to be more pieces hiding out. I have switched to my stock 11"dd commander and have found some smaller pieces but I feel like I am missing some of those deeper ones with it. So I am asking if I should jump to a large dd coil, for example Coiltek makes a few large dd coils like the 24x12 elliptical, Nuggetfinder makes all mono so NF coils are out, and commander makes the 18" dd round. Can anyone direct me towards the right coil size and manufacture of a coil that runs well with the 4500? Mono coils are great, but I have tried many settings and timings and still after a few swings threshold goes and I am constantly re ground balancing. Thanks for the help! R.H.

relichunter2
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2013-03-03

http://www.goldrushtradingpost.net

Back to top Go down

Experts help I need...on Large dd coils for deep gold... Empty Re: Experts help I need...on Large dd coils for deep gold...

Post  kon61 Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:22 am

G'day relichunter2.

Both the Coiltek and Commander 18 inch round DDs,are good coils to use on all the GPX Series detectors.Its a matter of preference as to which you'd prefer using.The Coiltek 24x12 DD Pro,because of its elliptical design,is another good option,offering slightly better sensitivity and sharper signal response on smaller targets than the rounds,with pretty much equivalent depths on the larger bits. Preference of use and the type of terrain you mostly cover,basically determines the type of coil to use.As for expert advise,well,ahh,don't look for me,look elsewhere.Rolling Eyes Laughing 

Cheers Kon.What a Face
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Experts help I need...on Large dd coils for deep gold... Empty Re: Experts help I need...on Large dd coils for deep gold...

Post  relichunter2 Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:44 pm

Kon61, thank you for your expert opinion ! I have only had my M/L 4500 for a year, so my learning curve will be longer than most on this form. Your opinion will eventually help me determine which one I buy. I do know I need a large dd coil for a more stable threshold. Thank you for taking the time ! R.H.

relichunter2
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  relichunter2 Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:41 pm

Kon61,

I have tried some new settings on my 4500 to stabilize the noise, and it worked very well. In fact so well I was rewarded a tiny 2.6 gram gold and quartz specimen at around 9-10 inches! I am trying to shorten my learning curve by asking questions on the forum and so far its helped..thanks again!

relichunter2
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down