Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maryborough area caravan park

2 posters

Go down

Maryborough area caravan park Empty Maryborough area caravan park

Post  hotrock Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:39 am

Theres a few caravan parks in the Maryborough area, l was thinking of staying a few nights in a cabin in one of them.
Which one is the nicest to stay at?

hotrock
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2011-04-28

Back to top Go down

Maryborough area caravan park Empty Re: Maryborough area caravan park

Post  Guest Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:44 am

Wombat knows all about Maryborough as he lives here!

If you ask he may well respond with up to date relevant helpful information!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:22 am

Hi hotrocks, the best park that most people stay at including me a few years back is the Maryborough Caravan Park in Holyrood St. The park is on Lake Victoria. And if you tell them that you are a prospector you may even get a discount on the fees. When are you planning to come up??
wombat Wink 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:01 pm

Thanks Wombat!
Knew the group could count on your local knowledge!

Back to top Go down

Post  hotrock Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:16 pm

Wombat wrote:Hi hotrocks, the best park that most people stay at including me a few years back is the Maryborough Caravan Park in Holyrood St. The park is on Lake Victoria. And if you tell them that you are a prospector you may even get a discount on the fees. When are you planning to come up??
wombat Wink 
Thnaks wombat
Probably heading over in a month or two, did a one day course at coiltek Maryborough last year.
So is The Holyrood st caravan park the best in the area? what about Laancoorie lakeside park?

hotrock
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2011-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sharkbait Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:03 pm

G'day Hotrock..i can't speak for the Laanecoorie park as i haven't stayed there,but Wombat's right about the Maryborough one..it's a great park Very Happy 
It depends a lot on which area of the Triangle you want to prospect..Maryboro' is handy for Paddy's Ranges and Talbot,whereas Dunolly Caravan Pk is better,coz it's closer, if you're headin to places like Kingower or Inglewood

Maryborough is a much bigger town than Dunolly with more facilities etc...sorry if i'm sounding like a tour guide Razz 

Hope this helps... Cheers..Dave
Sharkbait
Sharkbait
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 924
Registration date : 2013-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:12 am

Hi Hotrock the Laanecoorie Lake Side Park is were we are having the Gold Bash on Oct 11-12 &13. So my suggestion would be either stay at Maryborough before the Bash and then come up for the bash and stay at the Laanecoorie Park or the other way around. Bash first and then Maryborough. Laanecoorie township has not much there, mainly just the park but it is a good park. But if you are planning to come to the Bash, I suggest you book now as the Park is filling fast.

wombat Wink

Back to top Go down