Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

northern NSW prospecting sites

2 posters

Go down

northern NSW prospecting sites Empty northern NSW prospecting sites

Post  andy russo Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:11 pm

Gday all. I have moved to warwick in southern QLD and was wondering if there are any area's just over the border I can legally detect for gold. all I ever see is state forest and national parks, which as far as I know we cant detect in. also where would I get a licence up this way for nsw.
its so frustrating to live in gold country and have nowhere to go out and find new places because the government and landowners all think we are environmental vandals, I know my boat does more damage to the environment with the bow wave than digging a target down a few centermeters, not even gunna mention the damage I do on the beach when driving even though I "tread lightly".
cheers. andy

andy russo
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Back to top Go down

northern NSW prospecting sites Empty Re: northern NSW prospecting sites

Post  AnnieL Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:00 pm

Hi andy and welcome to the forum.  Have a look at this link http://mines.industry.qld.gov.au/mining/fossicking-areas.htm

Also look under Goldfields on the forum and 'search' topics.

cheers 
Annie

Ps: oops, not over the border.  You can get a permit to detect in 'all' NSW state forests - costs about $22 pa.
http://www.resources.nsw.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0007/363544/A-Guide-to-Fossicking-in-New-South-Wales.PDF

Last edited by AnnieL on Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Mistake in reading)
AnnieL
AnnieL
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1084
Registration date : 2012-05-07

Back to top Go down

northern NSW prospecting sites Empty Re: northern NSW prospecting sites

Post  andy russo Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:41 am

thanks for that anniel. we went for a drive yesterday to check out several areas. then after 8 hours driving came home to google earth some of the places we found and see if there are better ways to them. we drove the mount Lindsey highway [ not a highway but a terrible bit of bitumen thrown down on flat ground to destroy cars] and found several of the old time sites. a lot of the areas appear to be rainforest and on national parks.
now this brings me to another query, I am guessing that we cant fossick national parks only state forest, does that sound right to you guys?
anyway, hope the gold falls under your coil or into your pan. Very Happy 

andy russo
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Back to top Go down