Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gpx 4000 setting help

4 posters

Go down

Gpx 4000 setting help Empty Gpx 4000 setting help

Post  fire1aus Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:48 am

Hi everyone
I have just lashed out and got a GPX4000
It came with a 11" round gp DD coil and a 14x9 mono nugget finder coil and a Detacc enhancer
I have been having a go with it around Ballarat mainly with the nugget finder coil
I
have been using the factory preset setting that seem to work ok , it
can find lots of bullets and bits of junk but no yellow stuff as yet.
I am mainly using it in deep search mode
Is this right to use or should i be using diffrent setting to the factory preset setting

Thanks Mick

fire1aus
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-08-05

Back to top Go down

Gpx 4000 setting help Empty Re: Gpx 4000 setting help

Post  Guest Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:52 pm

Hi Mick
The GPX4000 is the first of the really adjustable machines.Theres a lot more to them than previous models.I recommend you get a copy of Jonathan Porters Dvd for this model.There informative and can be watched again and again until the info seeps in.Factory presets is a great place to start and will do a great job,But to get the best out of them is to understand them fully and adjust them for different conditions and coil setups.
Cheers Dig

Back to top Go down

Post  staples61 Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:25 pm

Fire 1 Aus.
With your mono coil try gain 8-10 play around with tone (depends on your hearing) use a test nugget or piece of lead,ground balance fixed,timing switch on sensitive.
Michael

staples61
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2008-11-29

Back to top Go down

Gpx 4000 setting help Empty GPX4000 settings help

Post  axle Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:31 pm

Hi Mick, have the same set up,love the 14x9 nugget finder. The settings I use are Font panel, Deep-Sensitive-Fixed-Mono.... Vol-27, Tone-50, Sig-17, Trac-med, GB-gen, S/smooth, Iron/r-OFF, Man/tune-105, Audio-Deep, Gain-8, Motion-V/Slow, Resp-Normal. Booster at 10 oclock. Hope this helps, Regards Gavin.

axle

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post  goldslinger Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:47 pm

axle wrote:Hi Mick, have the same set up,love the 14x9 nugget finder. The settings I use are Font panel, Deep-Sensitive-Fixed-Mono.... Vol-27, Tone-50, Sig-17, Trac-med, GB-gen, S/smooth, Iron/r-OFF, Man/tune-105, Audio-Deep, Gain-8, Motion-V/Slow, Resp-Normal. Booster at 10 oclock. Hope this helps, Regards Gavin.

Hi Mick
totaly agree with Gavin apart from one setting run the machine in DD not mono as it puts just that little bit more power into the coil and boosts things that little bit more
Paul
goldslinger
goldslinger
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2010-02-28

Back to top Go down