Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Few days in the bush ...

+14
ttrash
TWO BOB
Sharkbait
TheGoldenChild
G.B.
Ren
bedrock
slimpickens
mariner3800
CostasDee
kon61
piston broke
Gold Miner
gullyhunter
18 posters

Go down

Few days in the bush ... Empty Few days in the bush ...

Post  gullyhunter Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:29 pm

Hi all ,

Spent 3 and a bit days with TheGoldenChild , GB and my wife in an area we have been working for the last 4 outings . This was Dee`s ( wife ) first experience on a proper gold hunt with the lads - even though she wasnt detecting she had her 2 girls ( great danes ) to keep her company around the camp ,,, plus - as she explained to me it was a good opportunity to catch up on all the goss from those dreaded girly mags Rolling Eyes
Anyway the gold was still being produced in this area - a lot of smaller bits came out , TheGoldenChild produced a beautiful 8 gram speccie from a good depth and we were still picking out bits on our night swings .
One thing we did do different on this trip was to take alot more breaks sitting around the camp keeping Dee company as well . We didnt mind this at all as we were treated to some wonderful camp cooked meals , lunch and brekkie as well ... bounce
Thanks guys for making her first outing with us enjoyable !!

Brian aka The smiling assassin joined us for an overnighter and the piece he found was the show stopper for the weekend . He unearthed a beautiful piece weighing in at 34.6 grams ... After his heart pulpatations had returned to normal i examined it for a bit and " Welcomed him to the ounce club " even before it hit the scales .

Huey Duck joined us on Sunday for a day trip and despite the effort & new ground that he scanned - he left the playing field on a " duck " ( sorry bro couldnt help myself with that one ) . The search continues my feathered friend !!

Another great highlight of the outing was my wife finding her first piece ... 0.4 grams . We packed up camp this morning and stopped in on a spot that GB had pinged some nice bits from. I kitted out Dee , swapped the coil out for her -12x7 NFA , set up the 4500 and away she went .
Well within half an hour she is holding her first bit saying to Manny & myself - is this what you guys are looking for ????
Absolutely brilliant way to end a great time out in the bush .

Total group tally was a smidgen off 60 grams ... Cheers again lads for a great time !!

Brians 34.6 Grammer ...
Few days in the bush ... 2013-014

Group shot of 50 odd grams

Few days in the bush ... 2013-015

A few extra bits i found after the group shot ... Dee`s bit is the one on the right under the bigger piece .

Few days in the bush ... 2013-016

Camp shots ...

Few days in the bush ... 2013-017
Few days in the bush ... 2013-018

The wife on her maiden voyage ...

Few days in the bush ... 2013-019

There was some more pieces of gold from TheGoldenChild & GB that slipped through the photo shoot - cant catch em all i suppose .
Thanks again guys Q38 Q39
gullyhunter
gullyhunter
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2012-11-18

Back to top Go down

Few days in the bush ... Empty Re: Few days in the bush ...

Post  Gold Miner Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:37 pm

Great story, fantastic piccies!!
Well done and fantastic results!!

Hmm roof tents.....high up.....i seem to keep falling out of them buggers........
I dont own one, but was putting out a warning to all,..... Razz Razz
Gold Miner
Gold Miner
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 648
Registration date : 2012-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  piston broke Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:38 pm

Great report and well done to your wife cheers . cheers Pete.
piston broke
piston broke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1633
Registration date : 2011-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:44 pm

Well done guys and specially to your wife GH. It looks like you all had a great time and finding a nice lot of gold as a bonus.Few days in the bush ... 3437167670Few days in the bush ... 3437167670

wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:05 pm

Looks like another successful outing.Well done G.H,missus & co.Nice nuggies,top job. cheers What a Face

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:10 pm

All I can say is Q15 well done Q38

Back to top Go down

Post  CostasDee Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:21 pm

Ahhh sounds like a great weekend by all and a lot of success to boot. Having Dee there doing some good cooking sure sounds a lot nicer that the can of Spam that I soooo much love. And congrats to Dee for her first nugget, she might follow Elsy's footsteps and you might end up being the cook and dishwasher like poor Peter is now... lol!
CostasDee
CostasDee
Management

Number of posts : 3971
Registration date : 2010-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post  mariner3800 Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:21 pm

He y Bro,

Great story and great gold found by most which is just great.

Tell you what, I dread the day when Dee and Elsie team up, it could be the down fall of us all, so get out those cooking books and start reading up Bro

Pass on our very best wishes to Dee

Peter, Elsie and family

mariner3800
mariner3800
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1177
Registration date : 2010-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:49 pm

Great photos and great nuggets.Well done girls and boys cheers
It look like this is a year of females.They are going to SMASH US how they going.

Camp looks great.
Well done Dee and congratulation on the first nugget.

Keep digging.

GoldEN.

Welcome to the ounce club.What a beautiful nugget Q15

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:30 pm

Great going guys and gal, nothing like campfire cooking.
Few days in the bush ... Steak-on-the-grill-smiley-emoticon
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:39 pm

G'day Gullyhunter, Dee and crew sounds like a great time had by all. Q15 And a big congrats to Dee for her first find and for Brian for joining the oz club well done. Great pics of the spoils and the camp. Q38

Cheers.

Mike. Q39

Back to top Go down

Post  bedrock Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:55 pm

nice story and great gold to boot! congrats to all.
Aren't we lucky in VIC to be able to camp in the bush and find gold on our doorsteps!
cheers
bedrock
bedrock
bedrock
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2010-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Ren Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:56 pm

G'day GH, great story a pic's mate and give Brian a big slap on the back and a congrats for his 34.6 Grammer what a f@#*en ripper of a nugget.....I was very surprised when you told me about that nice size slug and I'm still amazed that it hadn't been picked up weeks earlier....you just never know what's close by.

A very good effort to the rest of the boys also!...
And a very big congrats to Dee on her first nugget, awesome Q16 And if she ends up being half as good as you bro I'll give the GT 12 months before it will be declared goldless Q40

Did you get a visit from the lone range by any chance? I hear he gallops in and out of camp and know all the good spots....

Few days in the bush ... LoneRanger

Regards Ren...
Ren
Ren
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 951
Registration date : 2012-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post  G.B. Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:31 am

It was a great few days, some nice gold was found but the highlight of the trip was Dee's Mobile Diner, fantastic meals, not only is Dee a great Camp Chef she also does extremely well on the Bar Service, just ask Manny Q11 Q05 about the house special, Vodka with a very small drop of lime, very refreshing, always service with a smile.

Congratulations on your gold Dee, but try not to find to much or otherwise Glen will be banished to the kitchen and Glen's Diner just doesn't have the same appeal, might be the different menu's.

Anyway onto the gold, I arrived in the area early so checked out a few other spots, one looked the goods and lived up to expectations, pinged a few small bits, then organised the camping spot with Manny who was arriving at day break the next morning.

Set up camp and then out for a night swing, got a few more bits from the earlier spot total from that area 14 bits for 4.6 grams detectors running sweet going to be a good weekend.

Up early next morning for a bit more exploring drove to the end of another track and then a bit further went for a swing for nil while waiting for the Golden Child who had been a little delayed.

The Golden Child arrives then the fun begins, Manny's pinging nuggets from every which way, but no matter what I try I just cannot not hear those little murmers being masked by the heaviest mineralised ground I've encountered, changed timings settings and anything else I could think of but to no avail, Manny takes time out to show and explain what I need to do but after all his effort I'm still not hearing them, frustration sets time for a break and to cool down.

Gully Hunter and Dee arrive towing the Mobile Restaurant, then along comes Brian sets up camp then back out for a swing, still can't handle the ground and get the 4500 running sweet, so decide to go for a long walk to clear the head.

Coming back to camp meet the others coming over the hill looks like they're on a mission, Brian's big grin says it all Q18 , then he shows me his find a 34 gram solid nugget, well didn't that lift the spirits, the rest and drinks can wait, time to hit the slope his nugget came off.

Later on after a long search we head back to camp, Gully Hunter then detects while I dig in a team effort for three small bits, he then takes my 4500 to task a after a few adjustments (of which I'm sworn to secrecy) states that it's running sweet and I should be right from now on in.

Well I head to a spot I was sure there was gold that I'd gone over about 10 times for zilch and bingo there it is the murmer I'd been waiting to hear, 8 inches down out comes a 2 grammer, followed the next day by a 1 grammer and then a 1/2 grammer, all up 8.6 grams for the trip.

Unfortunately Huey Duck didn't get to stay long and went home without the rattle, but one thing about that bloke he is always happy and full of exitement which rubs off on all aound him. Q34

My Daughter Shae didn't come on this trip and went to her mum's instead but I decided to bring her whippet Tess along so she didn't fret in our absence, as Misty, Shae's Lab (and life long companion had not long gone to rest), well without Shae not being there Tess decided that she was going to adopt every one in camp as her stand in family, what a sight watching a whippet trying to boss two Great Danes around. All I can say is that Dee's girls are extremely well behaved and very tolerent.

Thanks guys for another Great Trip Q39

I'm sure the Lone Ranger and his sidekick Tonto are out in those hills somewhere, waiting to come to the rescue of those in need of a nugget or two.
G.B.
G.B.
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1268
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post  TheGoldenChild Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:17 am

Good company, good food, great campfire and good finds, doesn't get much better than that Very Happy Congrats to Dee on her first find and a big thanks to her for the great tucker. For any camper fortunate enough to have the mobile diner at their campsite, be careful when you order " A refreshing Drink " Q11 , didn't know what the secret ingredient was, but did feel it later on Q26 Q05
Thanks for a great few days guys and congrats to Brian for joining the ounce club Q16

Just for the record Ren, the Lone Ranger did not make an appearance Sad Sad Sad

8 Gram Specie came up nice
Few days in the bush ... Pic1_zpsc65be8e8

A few bits the Nugget Tree has given up last couple of trips
Few days in the bush ... Pic2_zps36b502b5
TheGoldenChild
TheGoldenChild
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2010-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:21 am

well done guys very nice gold cheers
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sharkbait Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:31 am

Lovely pieces GH...beautiful 34 grammer cheers Love the camp setup,and many congrats to your wife on her first bit.. Q40 (keep a sharp eye on her) Q24

Cheers..Dave
Sharkbait
Sharkbait
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 924
Registration date : 2013-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Ren Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:38 am

Well done Manny, your a gun with that magic wand! A very nice collection of assorted nuggets and great specie... Q13

Regards Ren...
Ren
Ren
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 951
Registration date : 2012-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:12 pm

Top effort you lot cheers
That bush camp looks the goods as well Cool and the pics of the gold made me twitchy again.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:12 pm

Very nice manny that tree seems like it is never ending. Q15 Congrats on your finds and keep on Q02

Cheers.

Mike. Q39

Back to top Go down

Few days in the bush ... Empty Re:Few days in the bush

Post  TWO BOB Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:35 pm

Sounds like a great time had by all. Congratulations to Dee on her first gold cheers & to G.B. on joining the Oz club Laughing .The whole team keeps kicking goals.Good post Bro( G.H.)
Cheers
"TWO BOB"
TWO BOB
TWO BOB
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Few days in the bush ... Empty Just great

Post  ttrash Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:59 pm

Great Gold
Great company

Just great
ttrash
ttrash
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2011-11-20

Back to top Go down

Few days in the bush ... Empty few days in the bush.

Post  Guest Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:24 pm

good onya dee and gh,brian for the one oz club Very Happy and the rest of the crew.whats your favourite bush dish to cook dee?? Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  HOBO'S Gold Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:05 pm

Congrats to all Q15 Nice one guy's, wish l was there Q41 and Dee, now your hooked, l can see you and Glen gold detecting full time now Q19 Brian congrats on the 35 grammer Q36 a good job done by all Q16
HOBO'S Gold
HOBO'S Gold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 969
Registration date : 2008-10-22

https://www.youtube.com/user/HOBOsGold?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post  HueyDuck Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:46 pm

Yes the Duck went home with no gold and this is a first since i got the 4500. The company i was with, well that was gold in itself and i always enjoy myself out there with the gang and Dees cooking well just superb Q38

Congratulations Dee on your first piece of gold and it is only the start, you have such great mentors and you will become a very proficient detectorist.

Brian plonked his gold nugget in my hand and his smile told the whole story, boy that is a very nice water worn nugget....Congrats once again Brian you deserve it.

Its been an honour to be involved with everyone, had a lot of laughs and many more to come.

See you all very soon Very Happy

DaDuck....
HueyDuck
HueyDuck
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2010-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post  HasFoundTheGold Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:55 pm

how many nuggets did the boy in blue bag??

HasFoundTheGold
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2012-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post  flyspecks Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:07 pm

WELL DONE.. gh, thanks for the pics mate, they are just fantastic. looks like a great weekend. Q16 the better half on her maiden trip, thats a bonus, hope your wife had a great time. BUT..........thats a bloody great pic of SEG in the back ground......man its a good looking truck. cheers Smile

flyspecks
flyspecks
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 988
Registration date : 2011-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  G.B. Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:53 pm

My finds for the weekend some already feature in the group shot the bigger bits were found later. The specie weighed 0.3 grams and thhe gold in it is minute. The 4500 amazed me again with it's ability to get a signal on it at 2 to 3 inches deep. All up 8.6g biggest 2g.

Few days in the bush ... 210
G.B.
G.B.
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1268
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:58 pm

G'day G.B very nice gold. Q15 Congrats on your finds and keep on Q02

Cheers.

Mike. Q39

Back to top Go down