Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newish member

Go down

Newish member Empty Newish member

Post  k-girl Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:14 am

Shocked Hi all, My husband and i have recently discovered the love of prospecting! Very Happy Smile I recently bought a Gold snoop pro, We have been having alot of fun around Dollys Creek, Mt Doran and Enfield. We have found lots of interesting things! but have yet to find a nugget. Mad We are not worried just yet as we are still learning and finding some really cool places and meeting really great people who are always happy to give you a few tips. We are from Geelong and were thinking of heading to beaufort next! or even whipstick, can anyone tell me if it is hard to find or should we still stick with Dollys creek, Mt Doran or Enfield? Would anyone be able to explain to me what a battery site is please? was reading Stray Places (Mt Doran) and found a few historic sites today at Mt Doran. Thanks at all! this is a great site!! Thanks again karen

k-girl
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2013-03-01

Back to top Go down

Newish member Empty Re: Newish member

Post  Guest Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:32 am

G'day Karen and welcome to the forum. Q31 Very Happy . there is plenty of good information and knowledgable members on this site. study . Here is a link on Vic goldfields hope these may help you. Very Happy

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net/f16-vic-goldfields

Cheers.

Mike. cheers

Back to top Go down

Newish member Empty Re: Newish member

Post  Guest Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:21 am

Hi Karen .. Q31 on board.. It's great to have an other female on board, and of course your hubby Q40
All the places you have mentioned have gold, have found gold in misery creek years ago, when we lived closer to that area, and also the Beaufort area. Also a couple of the other area's you said.. It's just a matter of getting out there and swinging the detector, and enjoying the bush and fresh air..
A Battery site is where the old timers had their crushing plant to crush the gold out from the quartz rock.
I am sure other members here will be able to answer your question better than me Laughing Laughing
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stamp_mill

Cheers
Jen
flower

Last edited by Jantje58 on Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:43 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : More info)

Back to top Go down