Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Portable Car Navigation System

+15
desertgeorge
CostasDee
crocky111
grumblebum
Tributer
fire1aus
john 49a
Undertaker
Kudu
Mal Kent
GoldstalkerGPX
rc62burke
zacc
Harb
Detrackozi
19 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Portable Car Navigation System - Page 3 Empty Re: Portable Car Navigation System

Post  crocky111 Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:46 am

Well it is here!

Brightness is not too bad, don't forget the hood that clips on to the gps.

It came with the latest version of IGO and latest maps for aus, Europe, Asia and the us all on the 16gb memory card.

Done the backup to my pc.

Deleted the other maps and put ozce on and a heap of maps and gave it a bit of a test.

So far it looks pretty good considering the price I paid for it...

I have ordered the Victorian maps from eBay which are 1:25,000 in ce format.

Re the Mazda gps, it is now just a dust collector, out dated maps and a proprietary Denso system; useless!
crocky111
crocky111
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Portable Car Navigation System - Page 3 Empty Re: Portable Car Navigation System

Post  Detrackozi Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:35 pm

Good to see you are making the most out of those units, how can you go wrong with the price they sell.
Detrackozi
Detrackozi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  crocky111 Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:51 am

Can't go wrong with the price... Thanks for getting me started Smile
crocky111
crocky111
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  crocky111 Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:13 pm

@Detrackozi

David,

What is in the launch pad directory.

I don't have that on my SD card and I would like it so that I could run oziexplorer, primo2 or IGO...

Google produces a Mac app, I don't think that's it!
crocky111
crocky111
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Detrackozi Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:42 pm

Hi Crocky

Sorry for not getting back sooner don't look in that often.

I have put together a launch Pad for your unit so that you can run either iGO8 or Ozi .

Will PM you the link to download it

I was wondering why desertgeorge was not posting on how to do it for you all has he also has PM me with the same Question so will post up on how to load up the LaunchPad to run both Ozi & iGO8

Regards
David
Detrackozi
Detrackozi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Detrackozi Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:41 pm

Crocky

Start off with is

Click on each steps

Portable Car Navigation System - Page 3 Dsc01967

Portable Car Navigation System - Page 3 Dsc01968

Portable Car Navigation System - Page 3 Dsc01969

Portable Car Navigation System - Page 3 Dsc01970

Portable Car Navigation System - Page 3 Dsc01971

Portable Car Navigation System - Page 3 Dsc01972

Then click OK

Now your Navigation Path should look like this

Portable Car Navigation System - Page 3 Dsc01968

Click on the Nav Button
Portable Car Navigation System - Page 3 Dsc01973

and you should get this across your screen Crocky Gold Tracker.
Portable Car Navigation System - Page 3 DSC01974

Cheers
David

Last edited by Detrackozi on Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Detrackozi
Detrackozi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  crocky111 Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:46 pm

That is the SAME one...

I'll put her in and see how it goes, thank you....

Later: Works good, just changed the igo to use primo and it looks the part now Smile
crocky111
crocky111
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  CostasDee Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:19 pm

Hi Detrackozi, I have been following this link with a lot of interest. I have bought one of the 7" units and loaded OziExplorer CE onto it, but I would love to get a launchpad as well. The OziExplorer site doesn't seem to have any info on this so I presume it is a program that you have writen specifically for this application. Is there any way I could get this program so that I could run it on my GPS?
Cheers
CostasDee
CostasDee
Management

Number of posts : 3971
Registration date : 2010-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Detrackozi Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:38 pm

Goerge & CostasDee

I have PM you the link to download

David
Detrackozi
Detrackozi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  desertgeorge Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:44 pm

Hi David

Downloaded the launchpad - works like a dream.

Thank you very much for this useful tool.

Cheers George
desertgeorge
desertgeorge
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Detrackozi Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:57 pm

Now that you all have got them up and running start putting all the MineData that Geof has posted up for you in the iGO8 poi folder as you will see in my first page of this post. Make sure you create the userdata/POI folder. cheers

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net/t2273-historical-gold-mines-in-google-earth

David
Detrackozi
Detrackozi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  dryblower Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:35 pm

Hi detrak and other contributers .
Very interesting and relevant thread !!
I am having trouble getting my laptop (Win 7 pro) to connect to a gps ( Garmin 650 and 62s) in "moving map mode" , on ausiexplorer , or GeomapWA , or Google earth.
When I plug in the gps via USB port it is recognised and I can see and read the files on it no probs .
I have followed the video tutorial for GeomapWA . When the "start navigation " is clicked it says " garmin usb cannot be found"
Am a complete nube at this , does anyone have any suggestions ?
Cheers
DB

Last edited by dryblower on Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling!)

dryblower
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2010-12-25

Back to top Go down

Portable Car Navigation System - Page 3 Empty HEMA MAPPING SYSTEM FOR GOLD PROSPECTING

Post  LITTLE GEM Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:47 pm

Hello, I am new to the forum and have enjoyed reading the information from 2010 on operating a portable gps system within the car.

We have a Garmin 62s for navigating but now would like to a step further and install a portable gps system in the car.

Hema 6 has been recommended but is pricey. Can anybody please advise if cheaper models and systems are available, also, whether they work with the GeoMap from the WA Mines Department or do we have to purchase Ozi-Explorer.

Many thanks and appreciate any assistance given.

Little Gem

LITTLE GEM
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:04 pm

Well, bit the bullet and have forked out a massive $88.88 for the generic 7" GPS from ebay with 8gb SD and wireless reverse camera etc.
I told the missus she has already bought me a chrissie present Laughing very kind of her.... Razz so just have to wait for it to arrive.
Might keep quiet about future oziexplorer cost though..... could get into trouble there ! Rolling Eyes

Cheers,

FF

Back to top Go down

Post  determined1 Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:43 am

I am about to put a toe in the water and try to set one of these systems up. I have read everything I can, but am aware that technology moves on pretty quickly.

Can anyone give me some assurance regarding this generic GPS as the starting point.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/7-CAR-GPS-NAVIGATION-HD-WIRELESS-REVERSING-CAMERA-8GB-/121074043163

I would like to load OE and the Harewood Gold & ghosts for WA. Would also like to put something similar on for VIC.

Any helpful comment appreciated as the concept scares the "whatever" out of me.   affraid  affraid  affraid 

Thanks

Determiend1

Last edited by determined1 on Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot the link)

determined1
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2013-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  desertgeorge Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:53 am

Can't go wrong with that Ebay choice.  I have dealt with that seller before. good product,and good service. Have faith, and jump in the deep end - you won't have any problems.

Cheers  George
desertgeorge
desertgeorge
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post  determined1 Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:57 pm

Thanks George,

I have done the easy bit and ordered Gold & Ghosts WA maps CD and the Ozi Explorer CD with CE upgrade today. I'm hoping I have ordered the right Ozi-Explorer product for the job.  scratch

determined1
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2013-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  jedda Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:36 am

hi detract
I have three, an android tablet with ozi explorer and memory map installed and a garmin gpsmap62 and a small garmin hooked up to the computer, all have their individual benefits
would like to know if there are any compatible maps to use with ozi as I am not too keen on the one I have for vic in ozi

jedda
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2009-06-30

http://www.ozisafety.com

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3