Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Portable Car Navigation System

+15
desertgeorge
CostasDee
crocky111
grumblebum
Tributer
fire1aus
john 49a
Undertaker
Kudu
Mal Kent
GoldstalkerGPX
rc62burke
zacc
Harb
Detrackozi
19 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Portable Car Navigation System - Page 2 Empty Re: Portable Car Navigation System

Post  Detrackozi Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:31 pm

Mal
I have not use the Reversing Camera on my unit so can't help you there.
How old is your PC .
Detrackozi
Detrackozi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Portable Car Navigation System - Page 2 Empty Re: Portable Car Navigation System

Post  Detrackozi Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:32 pm

Zacc
Q: what doe'nt seem to be there what do you think is missing.
If you can see it with the unit connected with the USB then there must be something wrong with the card reader.
If you are having not trouble seeing all the file's on the unit while connected by the USB then just paste the usedata file that way.(as shown in picture post)
Detrackozi
Detrackozi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Detrackozi Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:32 pm

Goldstalker
Don't worry we will get it running.
One reason I started the post to do all this on the SD card and not connect through the USB to the unit because if you make a mistake things will go worrg so the safe way to do it is on the SD card only.

Try this now that you have two SD cards put the card you got with it aside and use the new one
First make sure you have a new card reader because if it is old it may not read 4Gig,8Gig,16Gig cards
Now make sure there is nothing on the card, now put your back up DVD disc that you would of got with the GPS unit into your PC and copy all onto the SD card and one's you have done that then copy my download usedata file and paste it in the igo8/contect/then paste here as shown in the picture post.
I hope you all are using good SD cards like SanDisk brand that are Ultra or HC type.

Goldstalker were are you are any of you in VIC is so were.
David
Detrackozi
Detrackozi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:22 pm

David, I have just had a bit more of a play and am now able to use the existing card in the new card reader, all of the information is on there, so not sure what is going on!!
I will send you a pm, might take you up on your offer.
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Detrackozi Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:21 pm

Meet up with GoldstalkerGPX at Castlemaine and fixed is GPS unit and did OziCe aswell and all is good and pick up 3 bits of gold as well.
Detrackozi
Detrackozi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:32 am

Hi All, Well I can't thank Detrackozi enough for the help that he has given me here. Without this help there would've been broken pieces of gps all over the place I am sure.
Thanks for a good day out and hope to catch up again!
Cheers
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Portable Car Navigation System - Page 2 Empty OziCe

Post  Detrackozi Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:25 pm

If you are ready to put OziCe on your unit now just PM me and will send you the link and post on how to.

David
Detrackozi
Detrackozi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Portable Car Navigation System - Page 2 Empty Portable car navigation system

Post  Mal Kent Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:10 pm

David

My userdata folder is in zip form ( userdata.zip ) do I transfer this across or do I have to unzip it first.

Mal.
Mal Kent
Mal Kent
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-09-29

Back to top Go down

Portable Car Navigation System - Page 2 Empty card

Post  Detrackozi Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:33 pm

Mal

always uzip them and then you can drag it across.

If you think you are going to have trouble with the card setup you can send it to me and I will load it all up for you for free of course.

David
Detrackozi
Detrackozi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Portable Car Navigation System - Page 2 Empty Portable navigation system

Post  Mal Kent Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:37 pm

David

That would be great it seems my best bet as some of the files I've been trying to open I,m having trouble with,that what you get for being a learner I gues.
Can you just advise the way to go about it,I,m going away in early March and would like to try the reversing camera on this trip so just let me know.

Thanks again

Mal.
Mal Kent
Mal Kent
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Portable Car Navigation System - Page 2 Empty Portable car navigation

Post  Mal Kent Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:19 am

Hi David

Since responding to your sugestion I would like to send the card to you just give me the details and will get it under way.
You mentioned a good idea would be to get an extra card do you know where they are available from, also have you done any maps on CD yet, I've searched high and low for some topo maps of the WA goldfields without any luck,I've been looking for something around Sandstone.

Thanks
Cheers Mal.
Mal Kent
Mal Kent
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Undertaker Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:05 am

Hi Mal,

I have a Sandstone Topo. I think you can use it in OZI but i'm not sure. Best ask the expert.

Thanks Detrac for your great help, you're one in a million! king

http://www.4shared.com/dir/31658426/afdf372f/sharing.html

Cheers
Undertaker
Undertaker
Undertaker
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2010-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Detrackozi Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:19 pm

Mal

You can buy the SD card just about everywere these days like Big /w K-mart/ Dicksmith.

CD will take time but hope have one up and running soon.

I have sent you a PM
Detrackozi
Detrackozi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Detrackozi Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:47 pm

Mal

Got you another card and did it all for you and full it it up with the Street level maps & Topo and Geomap and sent it this morning Express post.

I Would of like of seen your unit as to how they had set it up because I could see that they double up on your sd card.

There will have to be a setting change on your GPS unit to run the new Card I sent you if you like you can try it yourself or wait till I am back and I will talk you through it .

Put your SD card into your GPS and turn it on and once you see this screen then you must click on the setting button on the bottom left corner (tape here)
Portable Car Navigation System - Page 2 01

Now tape here
Portable Car Navigation System - Page 2 02

Now tape here
Portable Car Navigation System - Page 2 03

Now tape here Launchpad
Portable Car Navigation System - Page 2 04

tape on the left plus so that the file move over to the lelt side of the screen.
Portable Car Navigation System - Page 2 05

You must see the two file's here-----Then close it of by clicking on the x top right handside.
Portable Car Navigation System - Page 2 06

now click on Navigation
Portable Car Navigation System - Page 2 01

Now you can pick what you want to use the Streetmaps or the OziCe
Portable Car Navigation System - Page 2 5

Last edited by Detrackozi on Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Detrackozi
Detrackozi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Portable Car Navigation System - Page 2 Empty Portable navigation sytem

Post  Mal Kent Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:36 pm

David Portable Car Navigation System - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes

Thank you very much, will see if I can set it up when it arrives.
Pictures looks good.

Once again thank you for all your trouble and time spent very much appreciated.
Tahts afew beers and a few wines I owe you.

Portable Car Navigation System - Page 2 Icon_bounce
Mal.
Mal Kent
Mal Kent
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Portable Car Navigation System - Page 2 Empty Portable navigation unit

Post  Mal Kent Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:16 pm

David

Card arrived safely have checked files and all ok as you described, all I have to do is learn how to drive it I haven't found how to bring up country maps yet - will get there.

Cheers
Mal.
Mal Kent
Mal Kent
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Portable Car Navigation System - Page 2 Empty Car navigation system

Post  Mal Kent Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:16 pm

Hi Guys Portable Car Navigation System - Page 2 Lol

I would like to say a mighty thanks to Detrackozi for all his help and assistance he gave me, if you have any GPS or Computer questions
or require assistance he's your man he is very helpful. Portable Car Navigation System - Page 2 Icon_smile

Mal. Portable Car Navigation System - Page 2 Icon_bounce
Mal Kent
Mal Kent
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Portable Car Navigation System - Page 2 Empty HELP

Post  john 49a Fri May 07, 2010 10:56 am

Detrackozi help 3 off us are having trouble with the project.We have all the information on the sd card KAL and Sandstone.We even have ozi ce but there is no launchpad I have been told this is the problem can you please tell us how to get the launchpad all the best john Portable Car Navigation System - Page 2 Icon_cry

john 49a

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:13 pm

Hi All, For anyone still looking for a cheap GPS unit there are still heaps on ebay for $185 and a bit more with a reversing camera.
These are the same as the ones that Detrackozi has shown in this thread.

see link below.

GPS

Cheers
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  fire1aus Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:56 pm

Portable Car Navigation System - Page 2 Cardsetup-7
Hi Everyone
I have just got myself a gps for my car
I have just loaded Oziexplorer Ce onto it all worked great

when i want to use my POI files it does not work, This is when i use street navigator not oziexplorer ,i have copyed them into the igo8/content/userdater folder
when i go into use gps there is no userdater folder in with the other poi folders, it loads them on to the sd card but cant see in gps, did anyone have this problem or is it just me
also what does the POI waypoint extension have to be .kix/.kml/.kns

I hope you can understand what i have written
Thanks Mick

fire1aus
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:09 pm

Hi Mick, The extensions need to be kml files in the userdata folder on the SD card.
When using the gps in street map you will not see a folder called userdata, it will be under the POI selection.
Ensure that when selecting the area. ie. when you type in the name Sandstone ensure that you have selected the correct state etc. if this info is wrong it will not find nearby poi's.

Follow the instructions very carefully in the previous posts again and let us know if it still does not work.

Cheers
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  fire1aus Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:03 am

Hi GoldstalkerGPX

I found the problem
The file i was using was a .kmz so i converted it to .kml and it worked

i cant wait to go and test out it will make things a lot easier

Thanks Mick

fire1aus
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:37 pm

Howdy, just wonderin'

Is the ozi explorer software free?

Also, I have an older ibm laptop thats still ok, does anyone know of talking gps style software available , would have to get a usb/ pcmcia gps module also i guess.

Not sure which way to go, but the system shown on here looks good.

Any thoughts?

Cheers.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tributer Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:01 pm

Hi I would like to build the setup Detrackozi is kindly explaining. My eyes are not crash hot and i would like a 10" LCD display. Can anyone recommend a LCD with GPS or one that can be connnected to a GPS has a SD slot and runs Windows CE and is unlocked so i can run oziexplorer. Or put me on the right track.
Happy to deal with any China/Hong Kong sellers.

Cheers Tributer
Tributer
Tributer
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1006

Back to top Go down

Post  Detrackozi Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:35 pm

Tributer

I ask do you a hand held GPS ?
next you say your eyes are not the best then I would say that it would be better for you to move toward a Acer 10" Netbook (laptop) http://www.jbhifi.com.au/computers/acer/10-inch-netbook-sku-52954/
or http://www.jbhifi.com.au/computers/hp/mini-10-inch-netbook-sku-56523/
because the icon buttons on the Ozi CE are very small and not that easy to touch if you on the move but if you run it on a 10" or bigger screen like a laptop then you can run the Ozi-Explorer PC Version which have much larger buttons.
Detrackozi
Detrackozi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Tributer Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:43 pm

Thanks Detrackozi, I am leaning to a PC system with a USB or bluetooth GPS receiver. Can anyone recommend a good swivelling mounting system that suits putting a netbook sized PC into the the front of a criuser (or i could just build my own)
Tributer
Tributer
Tributer
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1006

Back to top Go down

Post  grumblebum Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:09 pm

Been lurking a while, some very helpfull people here and thanks for that. Am new to this ( don't even have a detector yet ) but am learning a lot and want to do the right thing.

Re the question about mounts for netbooks, came across this one that looks interesting here http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/showthread.php?p=60252

regards

Mark

grumblebum
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2010-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post  crocky111 Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:25 pm

I did not realize the GPS units were so cheap now...

I managed to get one for $90 on eBay, that is cheap.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/7-HD-GPS-Sunshade-4GB-Bluetooth-CAR-Nav-Navigation-System-2011-Map-Sun-Shade-/180812214268?pt=AU_Electronics_GPS&hash=item2a193f6ffc#ht_6782wt_802

It will be here in the next couple of weeks then I'll have go at doing this oziexplorer thing... and probably giving Detrackozi a headache.

Thanks for your very detailed description..
crocky111
crocky111
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  CostasDee Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:50 pm

Hey Crocky111,
Let us know how you go with that GPS. Looks intersting...almost a bit too good Wink . Interested to see how the brightness is and whether it's ok in the sun and how quick it starts up etc. So do let us know...
Cheers
CostasDee
CostasDee
Management

Number of posts : 3971
Registration date : 2010-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post  crocky111 Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:48 pm

The worst I could end up with will just be having a really big GPS and nothing else!

I have downloaded the oziexplorer and the ce version tonight so I will have some time to get used to it then I will probably be looking for maps and waypoints.

Hoping that it is not to bad as far as visabity and there is a shield with it as well a couple of mounting methods.

I can at least use it outside the car too.

I have Mazda 3 with inbuilt nav unit that is years out of date and it looks as though there is no support for their system anyway.
crocky111
crocky111
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next