5 month dry spell finally breaks - YAY

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

5 month dry spell finally breaks - YAY Empty 5 month dry spell finally breaks - YAY

Post  CostasDee on Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:35 pm

Well guys & girls,

I've been trying very hard to get "something" to add to the members finds for quite some time. Since my last "nugget" I've been on a 5 month dry spell. Going out once a month, that means I've done about 5 months of bush cleaning, many hundreds, probably thousands of bullets, buttons, rusty rubbish etc, and today I finally got a little reward for all my efforts, and I managed to get it on video too - BONUS (but please excuse the bad photograthy).

I tried hard for about an hour to see if there were any brother and sister nuggets in the immediate area, but with the temperature climbing way past the 30 degree mark, the sweat pouring off me like my head was in a bucket of hot water and the flies annoying the crap out of me, I had to finally give up. It was a great couple of days with the Gullyhunter, theGoldenChild and G.B. and everyone got a rattle in the jar to take home. Mine wasn't a big as some, but I'm rapped I've finally opened the gold bank account for the year! Many thanks for a great weekend guys Q12

5 month dry spell finally breaks - YAY Gold_010
CostasDee
CostasDee
Management

Number of posts : 3971
Registration date : 2010-11-23

Back to top Go down

5 month dry spell finally breaks - YAY Empty Re: 5 month dry spell finally breaks - YAY

Post  gullyhunter on Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:39 pm

Good onya Con , i didnt realise it had been 5 months Shocked
Anyway great weekend , congrats on your colour and always a pleasure bro ...

Cheers
gullyhunter
gullyhunter
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2012-11-18

Back to top Go down

5 month dry spell finally breaks - YAY Empty Re: 5 month dry spell finally breaks - YAY

Post  kon61 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:00 pm

It's all good Costas. Even better when your out there with good company.Well done. cheers What a Face

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4995
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:03 pm

Very nice nuggy CostaDee and a good first find for the year. Q15 . Congrats and hope to catch up next time... Q11

Cheers.

Mike. Q11

Back to top Go down

Post  Mechanic on Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:21 pm

Well done Con! Looking like it is a good year for nuggets..... Only 30 days till your next W/E pass.

Cheers Mick

Mechanic
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 658
Registration date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post  G.B. on Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:40 pm

Well done Con, effort brings reward, 2 more trips then the coolerr weather.

G.B.
G.B.
G.B.
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1240
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Ren's Patch on Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:45 pm

Good onya Con, it's good to see you with some colour! Very Happy Regarding you weekend passes you may need to give the wife a few foot massages Rolling Eyes For some extra “time in lieu”. Wink

Ren...
Ren's Patch
Ren's Patch
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 951
Registration date : 2012-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:14 am

nice piece mate Very Happy
well done

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:36 am

On the board hey Costas.. Q12

Nice bit mate..

Regards
Paul

Back to top Go down

Post  TheGoldenChild on Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:55 am

5 outings with no gold, seriously considered dropping you down to the seconds to your form came back lol! . Should call it the "just in time nugget", probably saved your position in the A team, but still have to start you from the bench Very Happy Laughing .
TheGoldenChild
TheGoldenChild
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2010-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:59 am

Good find!
So glad your 5 months with no gold is over!
Hope you find your next bit sooner!

Kane

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar on Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:05 am

Good onya Con, hope they start rolling in now on a regular basis.
Little concerning that 30°C heat bothered you, that's a cold snap over here.
53°C in the shade of a tree in Leonora last week.

Cheers
Peter

Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2235
Registration date : 2008-10-25

http://s4.zetaboards.com/Gold_Detecting/index/

Back to top Go down

Post  lbg dreamer on Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:49 am

Well done mate
I'm glad you broke your drought
5 months is a long time
But at a day a month it's only 5 days
Now that sounds not so bad !
Glad you had a good weekend
And thanks for posting the vid ,
It sounded like a definite target
Nice little drop tone
cheers
lbg dreamer
lbg dreamer
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 944
Registration date : 2011-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post  CostasDee on Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:03 pm

Thanks guys for the congrats.

Yes Gullyhunter, it has been a looooooooooooooooooooong 5 months, but not from lack of trying. Hopefully this light sprinkle is a sign that the drought has ended and now the flood is about to start.
Mike, forgot to say it was great meeting you and Jenny out there and hope to catch up again soon.
Ren, I've tried foot massages, I've tried back rubs, I've tried flowers and chocolates, I've tried it all - the answer is still the same, it never changes Sad
GoldenChild, please don't send me to the bench, or kick me out of the A-team....I'll play better next time, I'll be good, you'll see....please
Nightjar, you're a better man than me. 30 degrees and I was flaking it, you can keep your 53 degrees any day of the week....Autumn just can't come on soon enough for me.
Your right lbg, 5 outings has been my dryspell and it does sound much better, but when they're spread over 5 months, well that's a long time for the thirst to build up between drinks.

Nevertheless, the good old SD finally found something again, so as not to let those evil GPXs get too far ahead. Now that it's sniffed out and remembered the scent of gold again, next month it'll definitely give the GPXs a run for their money. Here's Q10 anyway.
CostasDee
CostasDee
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Wombat on Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:24 pm

Costa mate 5 months without a gold strike Shocked "Blood Hell" mate I thought I was going bad when I went through a 3 week drought Crying or Very sad Anyway mate congradulations on your first for the year. Q15 Now if you get chucked out of the "A Team" you are more than welcome to come over to the "B team" We don't pay as much but the conditions are great. Q13
wombat Wink

Last edited by Wombat on Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Wombat
Management

Number of posts : 4582
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens on Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:45 pm

Good work Costa, it was a loud little bugger.
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3679
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  flyspecks on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:39 pm

good on ya con, sometimes its hard to keep the faith when the when the rattle in the jar dulls to a nothing, and that trainee pole dancer, manny ,is puting the pressure on ya lol! lol! . but mate , the B team will always find a position for a good digger like yourself, mate we even have RDO's lol! . so now i hope you can go back and find the big brother of that nug ....cheers Smile
flyspecks
flyspecks
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 980
Registration date : 2011-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  TheGoldenChild on Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:02 pm

Even though you sometimes might see me sliding down a tree with music full on, in high heels and a ManKini affraid , I keep telling you guys, I only go to pole dancing classes to meet women cyclops, really, I promise Rolling Eyes .
TheGoldenChild
TheGoldenChild
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2010-10-31

Back to top Go down

5 month dry spell finally breaks - YAY Empty 5 month dry spell breaks-yay

Post  Guest on Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:30 pm

good onya costa,knew you would come good sooner or later! Very Happy some of us had faith Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  deutran on Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:41 pm

Well done Costa
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1665
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:59 pm

Well done Con cheers
5 months is a loooong time but even 5 days sound bad Razz

Well we have eyes in a front to look forward not backwards so hope the time ahead are all paved with gold for you.

Congratulation!!
Its better to be on a bench in A team then the best in B team. Very Happy

GoldEN

Last edited by golden on Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add)

Back to top Go down

Post  HueyDuck on Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:11 pm

Costa,

Well done and it goes to show you are very patient after that 5 month dry spell, it can do your head in sometimes but it goes to show persistence does pay off. Very Happy

I like the video as well, so thanks for posting.

HueyDuck....
HueyDuck
HueyDuck
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2010-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post  mariner3800 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:24 pm

hi Con,

Well done buddy, 5 moths is a long time but to find a subbie with your gear is a true test of your experience.
Golden rivers will flow for yu now

Mariner3800
mariner3800
mariner3800
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1175
Registration date : 2010-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post  TTT on Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:06 pm

well done costas shows time and patients cheers Terry

TTT
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 420
Registration date : 2012-05-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar on Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:44 pm

Hey Con,
Which SD are you swinging?

Peter
Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  CostasDee on Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:56 pm

Thanks for all the Q13 guys.

Pete it's the 2200d, judging by the serial number, if I got it right, 3rd last one that was made. No mods, just a quick track button and the 14"DD Elite.
CostasDee
CostasDee
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar on Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:13 pm

If it had been a 2100 Con, I could have given you some tried and proven set up info.
Not applicable to your 2200.

Peter
Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  bedrock on Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:47 am

good to see you're on the gold again costas dee.
The gold tends to hide from time to time, I get these dry spells too and just when you
think all the gold is gone, out comes a nugget or two again. It is getting harder, but time
is on your side.
good luck out there
bedrock
bedrock
bedrock
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2010-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post  mullockgrubber on Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:45 pm

Good find Costa' and more to follow for sure. Smile
mullockgrubber
mullockgrubber
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2011-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Detectist on Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:04 pm

Well done CostasDee

Oh what a feeling hey!
Detectist
Detectist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next