Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TECHNETICS T2 Metal Detector on Ebay

3 posters

Go down

TECHNETICS T2 Metal Detector on Ebay Empty TECHNETICS T2 Metal Detector on Ebay

Post  Guest Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:38 am

Gday

I spotted this detector on ebay yesterday in the metal detector section, there is one small barely visible photo that looks as though it has been taken off the webb somewhere, and all the description says is that its new but nothing else, also there is a comment saying first time in Australia.

Rousing my curiosity was the starting price of $3,500, so I messaged the seller and asked for more information, he answered back saying only to google it, so I did, and I found that its basically a coin and relic machine, vlf type detector.

The basic price for this machine in the US is $990. approx $1,105. Aust, from Kelly Co detectors.

So I am just placing this information here as a warning to unwary buyers who might think that the high start price might mean that its something new and of good quality.

BUYER BEWARE!

cheers

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down

TECHNETICS T2 Metal Detector on Ebay Empty Re: TECHNETICS T2 Metal Detector on Ebay

Post  Celeste Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:46 am

stayyerAU wrote:

So I am just placing this information here as a warning to unwary buyers who might think that the high start price might mean that its something new and of good quality.

The sellers online are trying 2 make money by claiming this detector as being just as deep as the GPX. TECHNETICS T2 Metal Detector on Ebay Icon_lol Their main target is the Sudanese in Africa. Word will get around eventually if the detector can't do the job.
Celeste
Celeste
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-06-01

Back to top Go down

TECHNETICS T2 Metal Detector on Ebay Empty Re: TECHNETICS T2 Metal Detector on Ebay

Post  Guest Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:17 am

Gday Celeste

Have you seen these detectors advertised somewhere before? I havent noticed them on ebay before I spotted this one, I doubt very much that the Sudanese are much interested in anything apart from the gpx4500 at the moment.

Anybody trying to sell anything other than a 4500 in Sudan better have his running sandals on if he gets caught out, they dont mess about with people over there, they have a some very unique ways of dealing with interlopers.

cheers

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down

Post  nero_design Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:12 am

Looks like it compares to the Fischer F75.

It operates at 13khz but has 7 frequencies to choose from: 12.82 Khz to 13.16 Khz (why bother offering such a slim margin of frequency?). Apart from the choice of frequency (probably chosen for depth), it appears to have much the same features as the X-Terra 705 VLF... but is advertised as being as capable as a GPX - only "easier to learn".

If you see them finding gold on Australia's goldfields, you'll know they probably work as advertised. But I doubt they can handle the minerals as well... Just like any other USA made detector, they build them for their own environment. That's been an ongoing oversight by manufacturers in the USA.

Cheers!

Marco
nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2081
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post  mallee00 Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:22 am

Marco, you will find the narrow windows on the frequency range is to allow other operators to work in close proximity, Whites did the same thing with the Goldmaster series 48-52 Khz. mallee00 and the mutt

mallee00
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post  nero_design Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:18 pm

Hey Mallee00.... that makes sense. Good spotting!

Cheers,

Marco
nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2081
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down