Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Panning Around Adelaide

Go down

Panning Around Adelaide  Empty Panning Around Adelaide

Post  Goldeneye Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:45 am

Hi everyone I'm new to the gold game and will be heading out this weekend just got my Garrett 15" Super Sluice pan and really keen to test some creeks and fields around the Adelaide Hills area. I'm prepared to put in the hard yards and test a lot of different sites, I won't ask where the "hot spots" are (if any) i'm sure they are closely guarded secrets but more where not to go so I don't waste time in spots that have no gold, I have heard mixed reviews about Jupiter Creek, Mt Crawford and other places but figure they would be mostly panned out.

If anyone could help out a newbie to rule out the bad spots so I can lean more towards the productive ones I would really appreciate it. cheers

Goldeneye
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2013-02-01

Back to top Go down

Panning Around Adelaide  Empty Re: Panning Around Adelaide

Post  Guest Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:34 am

If you go out with the thinking " I'm just going to find the spots with no gold " you will! Very Happy
I have been prospecting for 40 yrs and still have empty pans BUT they are never a waste of time !
It's days like that which give you the experience to glean why there is no gold in that particular spot and log it away for further reference.Over the years I have tried to help people by short cutting the so called boring bits out of the learning curve only to find I have done them no help in the long run.
Goldeneye as you said " you are ready to put in the hard yards " and that's what it is all about ! I'm no where near SA but if you jot down that you did what you found and a few pics of where you were in a creek or whatever I will certainly help you as best I can in those questions ! And maybe talk to you about some questions you should be asking ! May I also direct you to a huge area in this great forum on the front page for wet prospecting or use the search engine here as well but I am aware that to get an answer you first need to know the question to ask cheers

Back to top Go down

Panning Around Adelaide  Empty Re: Panning Around Adelaide

Post  Goldeneye Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:42 pm

Thanks Ark,

Yeah there really isn't any short cuts is there I'll keep researching online and keep an eye on the forums, there is a lot of good info already here ..... the next step will be trying to get permission for a few spots I have in mind.

Goldeneye
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2013-02-01

Back to top Go down