Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dollys Creek worth detecting

+24
Soosa
ttrash
Jerryx4
kon61
Onmykneesdigging
littleazza1979
mvh12345
warrior707
the hill folk
krakenup
dannyp
Dinga82
grumpy57
someday
getascripter
GemQ
AnnieL
regamald
big fella
gldfvr
geof_junk
tezz
Robo
Detrackozi
28 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Dollys Creek worth detecting - Page 5 Empty Re: Dollys Creek worth detecting

Post  Detrackozi Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:51 pm

Sorry Someday I was just trying to save Video time to get to each location Laughing Laughing Laughing Be warn that it's best if you put on your runners and head band as there is more on this one as well Very Happy

This lot is at location 2 , you can see from the map shots which way I went to get to the Location 2 up Forest rd and take the track just before the open pit on your left and drive in till the track turns into a motorbike track and then you will have to walk the next 100mtrs.

Dollys Creek worth detecting - Page 5 Location-2_zps643bc9a6

This 3D shot is looking north up the creek to were the Location 2 Video shot was done
Dollys Creek worth detecting - Page 5 Location-13D_zpsd72d63d0

This 3D shot is looking South down the creek to were the Location 1 and camp area is
Dollys Creek worth detecting - Page 5 Location-13D--1_zps4564e152

Ok this is the link to the Video that was taken from Location 2 on top of the hill

https://youtu.be/drUSwj5K-aM

I am sure this is giving you a real inside to what the area looks like before to see for yourself.

David
Detrackozi
Detrackozi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Dollys Creek worth detecting - Page 5 Empty more good stuff

Post  the hill folk Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:43 pm

Wow...more good maps......might get out there over the next week...gonna start at the head of the little creek below and to the right of Location 2 as above on the top map....This area may (should) have caught gold coming down from both sides (fingers crossed).....whatdya all reckon??

and some useless info....public land area here is 884 hectares and as it takes about 5 swings to cover one square metre that makes a total of 44,200 kilometres of swing required to cover the whole area......flogged out?  I think not !!

the hill folk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2013-01-27

Back to top Go down

Dollys Creek worth detecting - Page 5 Empty tomorrow it is

Post  the hill folk Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:33 pm

Will be there all morning tomorrow at location as stated above....

the hill folk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  getascripter Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:38 pm

Detrackozi ... I nearly missed picking up the Grand kids from school ... and it's ALL YOUR FAULT!!

I got completely lost in time (and space) going through your maps & videos (again!) ... what a wonderful collection of information and insight!! Thank you so much ... BRILLIANT!!!!
getascripter
getascripter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1900
Registration date : 2012-04-26

Back to top Go down

Dollys Creek worth detecting - Page 5 Empty lovely day out

Post  the hill folk Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:42 pm

Great day out but no gold.....lots of little stuff though....met up with Detrackozi so that was good too....
Dollys Creek worth detecting - Page 5 Imag0511

the hill folk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Dollys Creek worth detecting - Page 5 Empty next time

Post  the hill folk Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:50 am

Was a bit disappointed at no gold but the more I think about the more I realise that I am finding things others have missed.....it is surprising as there were lots of holes from detectorists.......next time I will continue down the side creek towards the main one and see what more lead I can find !!!!!

the hill folk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  the hill folk Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:06 pm

Back at it tomorrow......might be able to start a fishing sinker business soon...!!

the hill folk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Dollys Creek worth detecting - Page 5 Empty aarrrrgggghhhh

Post  the hill folk Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:07 pm

anather day out with no gold....thats seven days at Dollys all together.....5 with the AT Gold and 2 with the 5000....not to worry as i am finding lots of shotgun pellets so all is working.

While I will persist at Dollys, for a change of pace, next time I might go to an area with lots of mullock heaps as against Dollys which is sluice mining....I was thinking this type of mining is more predominant in Mt Doran as there are quite a few shafts maked on maps and also the geological maps show lots of reefs there....

As I am unfamiliar with Mt Doran could anyone point me in the direction of an area with lots of mullock heaps ???? Dont care how hard it is to get to.

Dave

the hill folk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  mvh12345 Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:33 pm

Dave

I have spent a fair bit of time at Mt Doran, lots of gullys with shallow diggings .There are a few large mine sites in that general area. I know people have found gold there (see earlier in this thread), but its always alluded me. There is a book called
Stray Places
Gold Detecting Prospecting Guide
Bacchus Marsh, Campbelltown,
Clydesdale, Mt Doran
& Metcalfe
It has a good mud map of areas to look at Mt Doran, you can buy it online , google the name
Good luck

Michael

mvh12345
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2012-11-18

Back to top Go down

Dollys Creek worth detecting - Page 5 Empty There is gold in those Hills

Post  Detrackozi Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:26 pm

Dave

Sorry to hear no gold, Just have to wait for the rain.

Mt Doran has also been good to me over the years and will post up on the area and do have a special place you can try but will PM you that spot , when are you thinking of going.

cheers
David
Detrackozi
Detrackozi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Dollys Creek worth detecting - Page 5 Empty next trip

Post  the hill folk Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:00 pm

Hey David.....hopefully this Thursday....the plan anyway.....jeez I did some hard work at dollys....folllowed the channel out of the sluiced area way down working right on the bottom and up a metre either side.....was some serious bush bashing at times !!

the hill folk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Dollys Creek worth detecting - Page 5 Empty more lead

Post  the hill folk Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:24 pm

Another day at dollys a week ago.....more lead which I know is good but blimey there must be a tiny bit of yellow somewhere there !! Anyway....back out there this week :-)

the hill folk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  grumpy57 Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:15 pm

Hi The Hill Folk. Don't give up on Dolly's Ck yet. Around the middle of last year i took a friend who had just bought a s/hand 4500 to Dolly's for the day. I got him started on an area which had very little undergrowth to make it easier for him to swing his coil. I went about 200m further down the track where it was much harder to swing, bugger me he finds a 2.4gram piece of gold and all i find all day is rubbish and bullets. The 2.4gm nugget was down about 9inch's and he only got a very faint signal from it with an 11inch mono . I'm going back one day with a bigger coil but haven't had a chance to yet. So keep searching, there is still gold to be found at Dolly's. Chers Grumpy. (Doug.)
grumpy57
grumpy57
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2011-06-21

Back to top Go down

Dollys Creek worth detecting - Page 5 Empty hahaha

Post  the hill folk Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:36 pm

Grumpy,
That is a good tale....your mate must have been over the moon.....no...haven't given up there yet....will try other spots but will always be around dollys as its the closest to home......cheers.....Dave

the hill folk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Dollys Creek worth detecting - Page 5 Empty Dolly's Creek

Post  grumpy57 Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:50 pm

Hi Dave. Next time im coming to dolly's i'll send you a message to see if you want to meet up for the day. Cheers Grumpy. (Doug).
grumpy57
grumpy57
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2011-06-21

Back to top Go down

Dollys Creek worth detecting - Page 5 Empty roger that

Post  the hill folk Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:56 pm

No worries grumpy.....if I can Join you I certainly will...thanks....Dave...

the hill folk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Dollys Creek worth detecting - Page 5 Empty advice?

Post  Dinga82 Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:24 am

Hi gents,
Thanks for all the posts here. I am a real newbie not far from Dollys creek so it has given me some real inspiration!

I currently use a Garrett Infinium and would welcome any feedback on whether this is ok for this area? Would love a minelab 5000 of course but bit much to spend on my first detector!
I have gone around half a dozen times in his area past month ( thanks for those maps!) or so for not one bit- bit of junk but not really much at all.
I am still yet to find my first bit of gold! Any help?
Cheers

Dinga82
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post  dannyp Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:31 am

hay everyone!!!. I have been sluicing at dolly's for 2 years now have had a few good clean outs took ages to find the right spot but I am on the money atm!! there is plenty of real small gold at dolly's but it all adds up at the end of the day. I hope last nights downpour made a few big puddles for the sluice.

dannyp
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 4

Back to top Go down

Dollys Creek worth detecting - Page 5 Empty keep at it

Post  the hill folk Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:33 pm

Dinga82.......just keep at it.......experiment a lot with your detector both at home and on site.....I thinks its a PI machine ? So will deal with the hot ground well....plant very small bits of lead and listen...put it deaper and listen again....big stuff will take care of itself so must practice on 0.5 gr or smaller....

the hill folk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerryx4 Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:28 pm

dannyp wrote:hay everyone!!!. I have been sluicing at dolly's for 2 years now have had a few good clean outs took ages to find the right spot but I am on the money atm!! there is plenty of real small gold at dolly's but it all adds up at the end of the day. I hope last nights downpour made a few big puddles for the sluice.

Let me know if theres enough up there... went no too long before XMAS and had to poke around in dingy leech infested pools to get enough for the pump but looking forward to getting back there again
Jerryx4
Jerryx4
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2012-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post  dannyp Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:22 pm

haha!! yeah leeches and yabbies every where in those puddles .Ill let you know as soon as I get down there hopefully this Saturday

dannyp
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  dannyp Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:23 pm

Any one else had any luck sluicing down there.

dannyp
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  littleazza1979 Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:20 pm

I'd just like to say goodbye to the people that are digging in that "cave" it was a hole but now its a cave someone is going to die in there and for what ? A little bit of gold I was working a hole down stream from there it came down thankfully no one was in there so come on people be smart keep out

littleazza1979
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2012-09-08

Back to top Go down

Dollys Creek worth detecting - Page 5 Empty cave

Post  the hill folk Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:52 pm

Goodness me.....if you mean someone is burrowing into the compacted gravel banks then they are taking grave risks for sure !!

the hill folk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  dannyp Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:23 am

where is this cave you speak of I see a decent hole way up stream

dannyp
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Detrackozi Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:29 pm

dannyp

Are you talking about a hole that is a fare way up the creek and has alot water in it , if so that is the glory hole that has water in it all year round.

the hole they are on about is just up from the camp locate on the right of the creek bank
Detrackozi
Detrackozi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Dollys Creek worth detecting - Page 5 Empty keep at it

Post  Dinga82 Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:55 am

Thanks for advice. Practicing as we speak!

Dinga82
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  littleazza1979 Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:07 pm

There is no water in this hole it someones death trap I went and had a look at it today and there was someone in the thing I told them it will come down but they didn't give a rats ass I don't and won't dig in it if the dpi or parks go down there they will have a fit .....

And thanks for the maps there a big help I went for a look out there today wow I didn't know all that was there can't wait to swing over all that area in spot #2 thanks heaps have you got anymore info on dollys

littleazza1979
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2012-09-08

Back to top Go down

Dollys Creek worth detecting - Page 5 Empty re dollys creek worth detecting

Post  regamald Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:57 pm

hi all havent posted in this post for a while 1, hill folk how are mate see detectorozi has been helping ya out a bit with info good on ya for stickin with it have you done any good yet i got sick of detecting and patince run out lol ive sluiced a few times down there now and done well every time . 2, littleazza1979 yea man ive seen that hole talk death trap  affraid ive seen an old bloke in that hole a few times silly i think gold isnt worth your life and im supprised at the ignorance of some just plain lazyness as they cant find there own gold so they figuer they will dig in others holes as there must be gold there then before you know it you end up with a huge hole that will end up seriously hurting or even worse killing some one witch i hope dose not happen.
And third can anyone tell me i havnt been downfor a while has anyone beeen there of late and is there much water abut many thanks in advance
cheers andrew
regamald
regamald
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2013-11-22

Back to top Go down

Dollys Creek worth detecting - Page 5 Empty hows it going

Post  the hill folk Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:45 am

Still going mate.....no gold yet but with the new 5000 the amount of lead found has increased an awful lot so that is good....I think I just need more experience now in judging the ground to swing on ....I will prevail !! Dave

the hill folk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next