Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So nundle is dead to fossikers

+5
Bruno Gehrig
danielkrupski
Show Me The Gold
Chimpy
mr-comfy
9 posters

Go down

So nundle is dead to fossikers Empty So nundle is dead to fossikers

Post  mr-comfy Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:02 am

Just read the article in the latest AGGT mag and now i have lost faith in the place called nundle....... Qver the last yr or so i have been keen and got the itch to try and researched and bought 500 bucks worth of au mackirk sluices and pans and even a ace 350 just for giggles. I am in the Newcastle area and that was going to be my prime spot... close for me at 4 hrs away and now that nundle guy has totally screwed the whole town over with the help of some greenies lol. Think of it this way Nundle guy.. I have a good family and we were heading up to the park for fun in a couple of weeks and now we are going to the damn coast cause you cant even sluice near the park where the river is..... MONEY IS NOW BEING SPENT ELSEWHERE BUT NOT IN YOUR TOWN!!!!! Anyone want to buy a sluice?????
mr-comfy
mr-comfy
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2012-01-26

Back to top Go down

So nundle is dead to fossikers Empty Re: So nundle is dead to fossikers

Post  Chimpy Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:14 am

G'day Mr-Comfy

I don't get AGGT so do tell more? I haven't been to Nundle for a few months but last time I was there the nice lady at the info centre had maps showing where to fossicking and where high bankers were and weren't allowed. I've never had a problem there and was heading there with my young fellas next week.
What's changed?

Cheers

Chimpy

Chimpy
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2011-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:40 am

I too read the GG&T article, but i wonder how old the story is?
I have been told that the Nundle guy is no longer around, and people who have been there recently seemed to have no troubles with highbanking or prospecting.
Have not made it there yet but plan to soon.

Back to top Go down

Post  mr-comfy Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:53 pm

Hi Chimpy,
In the article it tells of how when going to Nundle now they have signs up all over the place talking about protecting the endangered species and signs saying we cant even disturb the soil on the bank of the river or move a rock. They even discourage you from panning in the river behind the park. Was going up there in a few weeks just to learn the basics but now it is not worth it by the author.
mr-comfy
mr-comfy
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2012-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Show Me The Gold Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:26 pm

If you are abiding by the NSW rules regarding prospecting no one can tell you where you can or cant fossick (and i mean following the rules to a T) to do such is depravtion of rights to which you are legally entitled to and could be subjuct to legal action on those trying to stop you
Show Me The Gold
Show Me The Gold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 288
Registration date : 2012-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post  danielkrupski Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:41 pm

You could call the information centre to see if it's true. They would know more than anyone else.

danielkrupski
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2012-03-19

Back to top Go down

So nundle is dead to fossikers Empty Nundle

Post  Bruno Gehrig Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:39 pm

Well, we spent a few weeks in Nundle over Xmas / new year and we did hear a lot of stories and we met a lot of people. One guy had the cop turn up coz somebody saw him using an electric pump and sluice the day before we got there.
As for my good self, I got a lot of info from the Information centre (daaa) and found everybody rather helpful. I did dig a hell of a hole in the (then dry)creekbed that runs through the Caravan Park, with some success. 12.5g of flakes and even a 0.8g Nugget on day 2.
So we will be back there at some stage and I can only reccommend the Caravan park, veeeery nice there.
Bruno Gehrig
Bruno Gehrig
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2013-02-24

Back to top Go down

So nundle is dead to fossikers Empty Nundle update

Post  OZDigger1 Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:14 pm

Has anyone had any recent experiance at Nundle. This page, http://www.resourcesandenergy.nsw.gov.a … undle-gold has a link to PrimeFact 561, a PDF document which provides an interesting, detailed, but understandable history and geological desciption of the Nundle area goldfield. Interesting to note that the field has yielded 8t of alluvial gold and 2t of reef gold.

OZDigger1
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2013-09-02

Back to top Go down

So nundle is dead to fossikers Empty I was at Nundle for nearly a week over April 2015

Post  gedanate Wed May 20, 2015 10:30 pm

I camped a couple of Kms out of Nundle at the Swamp Creek camping ground and did a bit of panning and sluicing there. It was quiet and pleasant and the locals were friendly. However, I was completely new to the game when I went there and I failed to come home with any of that nice yeller shiny stuff.

The Nundle Hotel also has some pretty good pub grub, and there's a small local supermarket.

That's my little pop-up tent amongst the caravans. A nice bunch of people, including several seasoned fossickers. Smile

So nundle is dead to fossikers P4040110

I even managed to leave some of my expensive gear up one of the forest trails. I'd been given a lift in someone else's 4WD and walked up a trail to pan and fossick. The friend brought the vehicle up the hill later, and I jumped in for the ride back to camp. Sadly, I had accidentally left a green cotton bag with a ML X-terra 705 coil, a set of headphones and a GPS in the bag. I didn't realise I'd lost the stuff until after I left.

I afraid I am getting awfully forgetul in my old age! If I get distracted then I am lost. :-(
gedanate
gedanate
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2015-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Bol Thu May 28, 2015 2:22 pm

Gday David
                If you haven't already done so, give Ken a call at the Nundle police station on 0267693344 and tell him about your lost bag, you never know, someone may hand it in one day.
cheers
Bol What a Face
Bol
Bol
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2012-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post  gedanate Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:54 pm

Thanks, Bol. I want to get hold of a 4WD and drive back to that spot. The bag was green, it could well have been overlooked in the underbrush. There was heaps of ground cover there. Kind of doing penance for my stupidity. :-)
gedanate
gedanate
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2015-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post  CostasDee Mon May 02, 2016 6:53 pm

I have been informed that this information could be out of date and it may be best to check with the Nundle Information on 02-6769-3026
CostasDee
CostasDee
Management

Number of posts : 3971
Registration date : 2010-11-23

Back to top Go down