Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my friend and a mine shaft

Go down

my friend and a mine shaft Empty my friend and a mine shaft

Post  Guest Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:16 pm

last year me and my friend decited to go out to an old gost town in north central victoria. for a day trip. we went looking around the old town looking for some yellow we came to this big open cut mine thing. my friend wanted to go down and have a look at the bottum but i said no because we did not have a rope and it was really deep. he said to me look i have found a rope it was a rope but it was only 5 metures long and it did not look all that strong at all. so my friend saw this lege near the open cut mine and said come on lets go down here. i said no way he said its ok i still said no. so he started to go a long this really thin lege down the side of the open cut with one end of the doggy rope tied to him and the other tied to a old peace of steel. that was in the ground as he was going down i saw that the old pece of steel was moveing in the ground and i said stop the steel is comeing lose but he eather did not want to hear me or he coulded here me.

any way so i held the steel so it could not come out of the ground. my friend was still on the lege about to go to a old mine like road that had been cut in the side of the open cut. he jumped from the small lege he was on to the old mine road and missed it. the rope took his weight but i was struggleing to hold him because the peace of steel had come out and i was holding him he said to me get me out get me out. I said just bloody wait so i saw this tree about 2 metures away and with all my might i pulled the rope and i rapped it around this tree and said i would try and pull him out. so yet again pulled like buggery and got him to a nother lege. i said i am going to pull you up again and so i did then he was allmost at the top of the open cut. I said you will have to grab the rope really hard because i am going to pull you really hard to get you up the last bit. so i got him up and he kep saying thank you thank you and he was shakeing like a leaf so he had learned not to go down any hole with out a good long rope then it was geting dark so we went back to the car and went home and told our story to our familys

true story

by gold finding

Back to top Go down

my friend and a mine shaft Empty Re: my friend and a mine shaft

Post  AnnieL Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:06 pm

Hi gold finding. Wise decision to avoid mine shafts. Bet your friend was glad to have you there and now will be better for the experience.

Annie
AnnieL
AnnieL
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1084
Registration date : 2012-05-07

Back to top Go down

my friend and a mine shaft Empty Re: my friend and a mine shaft

Post  Guest Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:20 pm

AnnieL wrote:Hi gold finding. Wise decision to avoid mine shafts. Bet your friend was glad to have you there and now will be better for the experience.

Annie

yep he never went down shafts again after that but we both still go in tunnels i think there a bit safer than going down sharfts

Back to top Go down