Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

dual battery systems for recharging detector batteries

5 posters

Go down

dual battery systems for recharging detector batteries Empty dual battery systems for recharging detector batteries

Post  magpieman Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:27 pm

hi all

was just wondering if anyone has experience using a dual battery 4wd set up for charging batteries for minelab 3000.

also can they run a small fridge at same time? or do i need to fork out for a small genset as well???

cheers mick

magpieman
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2012-08-29

Back to top Go down

dual battery systems for recharging detector batteries Empty Re: dual battery systems for recharging detector batteries

Post  TTT Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:42 pm

hi magpie man we run a 60lt waeco fridge and can charge gpx 5000 on dual batterysystem while parked up for a couple of days cheers Terry PS have a 2010 pajero

TTT
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 419
Registration date : 2012-05-28

Back to top Go down

dual battery systems for recharging detector batteries Empty Re: dual battery systems for recharging detector batteries

Post  magpieman Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:09 pm

thanks i run a 2004 3 litre navara, just tryin to find room under bonnet to mount 2nd battery.

would you suggest a minimum size 2nd battery, i will be running a smaller waeco fridge and detector batteries

magpieman
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:03 pm

u might want to consider the 2nd battery as a deep cycle or the latest ones are half deep cycle and half cranking.
I personally use 2 batteries under the bonnet and a 3rd deep cycle battery tottally separate from the car batteries and charged via a smart charger and a solar panel mounted on the roof of my tojo..

regards
Oneday69

Back to top Go down

dual battery systems for recharging detector batteries Empty dual battery systems for recharging detector batteries

Post  LONE WOLF XLIX Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:25 pm

Hi ,

I have a 200 series toyota and run twin batt system but as not much room under bonnet have installed a orbital wound batt its smaller still has same power and lasting holds a 40 lit engel ok for 3 or 4 days depends on how many time u open and if you drive any were no problem it keeps charged ok.So there are a few ways to do what you need.

good luck .
LONE WOLF XLIX
LONE WOLF XLIX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2012-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post  magpieman Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:07 pm

getting quotes now, would a 60 amp 2nd battery be enough for the fridge and charging the detector batteries??? only one that will fit under bonnet in the navara

magpieman
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  big fella Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:37 pm

G'Day
Check the room in Navara very carefully,A lot of them apparently came from factory with two full size batteries under bonnet My daughters navara has two.All the best.
Big Fella.
big fella
big fella
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 550
Registration date : 2011-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Universal1 Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:11 pm

big fella wrote:G'Day
Check the room in Navara very carefully,A lot of them apparently came from factory with two full size batteries under bonnet My daughters navara has two.All the best.
Big Fella.

We've got a late model Pajero which had limited space for the second battery, we wanted to use a 100ah battery to run fridge etc. So what I did is put the second battery where the main battery usually goes and then bought a SuperCharge Allrounder to use as the cranking battery. The one we bought is the MRV50, has 650CCA's which is more than enough to start a large diesel plus it is an 80ah battery so it's actually a good choice to be used as the second battery if 80ah's is enough.

Have used this hookup for over two years now and the Allrounder hasn't missed a beat.
Universal1
Universal1
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2010-02-13

Back to top Go down