Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OziExplorer - Map help required.

4 posters

Go down

OziExplorer - Map help required. Empty OziExplorer - Map help required.

Post  Robo Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:27 pm

Hello all,

I have recently purchased Ozi Explorer which will be used with my laptop computer for 'real time' navigation while i drive around the Vic goldfields.

Its very complex for a beginners prospective, ive tried to calibrate some maps but the square grids dont line up in the end. So im off to
find maps i can just load in, dont need calibrating and are ready to go. I use Geological map printouts each time i head into a goldfield
which show me location of mines, reef's, gullies and diggings so does any one know where i can purchase these which can be used with Ozi Explorer?

Topographical maps dont give that much information about diggings, reefs etc? Again idealy im after a program where i can just simply download it into Ozi Explorer without any calibration and all maps are joined together.

Below is an example of a Geological map 1:50 000 which is a prefered scale.

OziExplorer - Map help required. Demo10

Hope someone can help me out and point me into the right direction, or even might recommend another mapping tool that shows all of the above.

Thanks,

Rob...
Robo
Robo
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2012-04-11

Back to top Go down

OziExplorer - Map help required. Empty Re: OziExplorer - Map help required.

Post  CostasDee Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:39 pm

PM sent....
CostasDee
CostasDee
Management

Number of posts : 3971
Registration date : 2010-11-23

Back to top Go down

OziExplorer - Map help required. Empty OziExplorer - Map help required.

Post  LONE WOLF XLIX Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:53 pm

Hi Robo,

What a great post its what i am trying to find to use I too have ozi on my laptop and now need to further it to be able to use it with maps to load into it without being a guru. so hopefully some posts will emerge to help.

yours wolfy.
LONE WOLF XLIX
LONE WOLF XLIX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2012-07-14

Back to top Go down

OziExplorer - Map help required. Empty Re: OziExplorer - Map help required.

Post  Auger Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:08 pm

Robo,
That's a pretty good looking map portion you have there. If that's typical of the quality, then I'd say it would be worth trying to get them scanned, calibrated and merged etc. Are those red dots showing where diggings are ? I assume the other symbols are for mines and reef lines ?
Cheers - Phil

Auger
Auger
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2012-06-14

Back to top Go down